Nature is so magnetic. There is something about those naturally carved paths that calls us all to look at the depth of God’s beautiful imagination. They are so refreshing and pure that going to even one such trail can change how you see life.
They may not be as easy as walking in a park but that is where the adventure lies. So do you also want to go enjoy scenic trails and take a break from the fast-paced and hectic world? Then the AllTrails app can help you immensely.
Let us see in this Insiderbits review how this app brings you closer to nature and improves your experience.
AllTrails: App Overview and Features
Do you have a friend who is an experienced park ranger? No? Well, now you have it in the form of the AllTrails app. Whether you like to hike, bike, or run, AllTrails takes care of the adventurer in you by connecting you with the wonderful outdoors.
Even though you can use this app to get yourself fit by being more physically active, its main purpose is to get you out of the walls of your home and office and to breathe a few moments in nature. But what exactly does it do?
It helps you find natural trails near you that bring back the touch of nature’s wonder that you may have been missing. AllTrails provides you with all the details you need so you can pick the trail that fits your needs and plan the trip better.
- Huge database of trails – It has details of over 400 thousand trails worldwide that serve people of varied interests and skill levels. Thus, you are assured of finding amazing trails that meet your needs.
- Custom route planning – Before you even place the first step to move towards your trail, you can plan it with its in-depth trail reviews, conditions, and GPS driving directions.
It also allows you to pick your trail based on your preference such as dog-friendly, kid-friendly, stroller-friendly, or wheelchair-friendly.
- Navigation assistance – AllTrails makes sure that you don’t take a wrong turn and end up elsewhere while being on your trail. It supports navigation assistance on your phone or any Wear OS smartwatch.
- Community engagement – Need inspiration or want to share your adventurous experience? Join the AllTrails community of like-minded people ready to support and share the joy of nature.
- Supports various activities – AllTrails isn’t just about hiking, cycling, and running but much more. It allows you to browse trails by activities which also include backpacking, off-road driving, camping, bird watching, rock climbing, skiing, etc.
AllTrails has a lot to offer but most of it comes with its affordable paid subscription ($29.99 a year). For free, you will only be able to explore trails, navigate on them, and access guides. With AllTrails+, you can:
- Download offline maps
- Get alerts on wrong turns
- Know the conditions before you go
- Preview 3D flyovers
- And much more
AllTrails: Pros and Cons
- Detailed trail information – AllTrails not only has a wealth of information about trails (conditions, GPS directions, etc.) on its own but also encourages trail-goers to leave a review of the trails they have visited. Thus, it empowers you to make informed decisions on your adventure.
- Appeals to a wide variety of people – With so many activities to do and trails of all difficulty levels, AllTrails serves a diverse range of adventure enthusiasts. So, you too will surely find trails that match your demands.
- Dependency on GPS and Internet – Since navigation assistance is one of its main features, it is bound to use GPS and the Internet to guide you in your journey. However, some remote trails may have limited or no internet connectivity which can hamper your AllTrails experience.
This can be partially overcome by being a paid member and downloading the offline map of your trail.
- Occasional ads – If you are a free user of AllTrails, you will have to bear with the ads it shows you. But luckily, it doesn’t bombard you with too many ads like a lot of other apps do.
How to Download and Start Using This App
Step 1: Click on any of the below links to go to the Google Play Store/App Store to download the app.
Step 2: Open the app and you will have to create an account first. You can sign up with Google, Facebook, or email.
Step 3: It will then ask you to try its 7-day free trial of AllTrails+ after which it will charge you its yearly subscription price ($29.99). Click on the cross at the top left corner to skip and use its free version.
Step 4: You will have to permit it to access your location to suggest trails near you.
Step 5: Now you are at its main page where you can explore trails using various filters – distance away, activity, difficulty, length, suitability, etc.
Step 6: Once you have finalized your next trail, click “Directions” to reach it and “Navigate” to move along.
What better gift to yourself than the beauty of nature? And Alltrails is the app that showers you with it using its huge database of trails. So download this amazing app now and open your arms to the adventure it has for you.