Being in a place and sitting all day is like inviting diseases and weakness to your body. For some, it is due to laziness and for many, it is the demand of their daily work life. But we all need to be more physically active.
Being active, whether walking, cycling, or exercising, is utmost needed for a healthy body. So, if you find it hard to get off your couch, then we, at Insiderbits, have got something for you – 10 apps to help you be more physically active. Use them and feel more energized.
Top 10 Fitness Apps to Keep You on the Move
- Get a calorie counter that works for over 14 million foods
- Analyze and set specific nutrition goals
- Monitor and ensure proper hydration
- Integrate with over 50 apps and devices
MyFitnessPal isn’t directly a workout activity app. Its purpose is to track your progress and guide you for better nutrition and overall fitness. It is more like your personal nutrition coach who encourages you to eat healthy meals and work on your physical well-being.
MyFitnessPal understands that having a good body is an inner as well as outer matter. To help reach your health goals comprehensively, in it, you will have a food diary, meal planner, and activity tracker that shows you how well you are currently doing and what to do next.
- Track activity comprehensively with 30+ sports tracking
- Get popular routes based on your preferences
- Get data insights to make progress
- Share real-time location for added safety
There are plenty of apps that dedicatedly track a single activity such as walking. But Strava is here to help you record over 30 activities including runs, hikes, and yoga. That is why it acts as the central hub of your active lifestyle.
However, it isn’t just about tracking. It also guides you on your hiking or outdoor trails by suggesting a route that best fits your preferences.
Strava also brings like-minded people together who are on the same journey towards fitness. Here, you can join challenges, earn badges, see how others are doing, celebrate achievements together, and get support when you need it.
- Get exclusive deals, prizes, and discounts for walking
- Count steps without tracking location
- Compatible with smartwatches (Currently only on Apple Watch)
- Runs in the background and wastes no battery
Do you know you can earn rewards by just walking? Sweatcoin does so to encourage you to do daily physical movement. This app tracks your daily steps and, based on that, gives you sweatcoins which can then be spent on available gadgets, fitness gear, services, and experiences.
Sweatcoin runs in the background so you won’t have to start tracking your steps on the phone manually. To assure you of your security, it never tracks your phone’s location and uses its algorithm to count your steps.
- Search and discover over 400,000 trails globally
- Plan adventures with in-depth trail info, reviews, and conditions
- Connect with like-minded trail-goers
- Find trails suitable for dogs, kids, strollers, or wheelchair
If you are a wanderer and nature lover, you will love AllTrails. It is one of the most comprehensive guides to trails worldwide with information on over 40 thousand trails in its database. More than activity, AllTrails is about going outdoors and connecting with nature.
The trails in it can be sorted by interest, skill level, and other metrics. You can then plan for it using the detailed information in it such as reviews from other wanderers, conditions, and GPS directions.
5. ASICS Runkeeper
- Audio-guided workouts motivate you while training
- Get personalized training plans for various types of races
- Engage in challenges to keep you motivated
- Set and achieve fitness goals
ASICS Runkeeper is designed for all levels of runners, from beginners to marathon veterans. It has training plans, guided workouts, and running challenges for you to level up every aspect of running. In other words, ASICS Runkeeper motivates you to take on your shoes and trains you to run faster and longer.
With every workout, you will be able to track your progress and share it with the community. To keep you updated with your running shoes, it also has a shoe tracker to track your performance with it and remind you when it’s time to buy a new one.
- Create personalized HIIT workouts with AI
- Adjust workouts to accommodate travel, time constraints, etc.
- Engage in coaching sessions focused on improving mindset
- Get thousands of workout variations with over 180 exercises
Exercise anytime and anywhere with Freeletics which brings your trainer to your phone. With no need for a gym or equipment, it helps you reach your fitness goals with personalized HIIT workouts and audio coaching.
Freeletics is so personalized that its AI tracks your exercises and feedback to create a workout plan just for you. However, it isn’t limited to bodily well-being. It also focuses on mindfulness for building a long-term positive change in you.
7. Nike Run Club
- Record essential metrics such as speed, distance, heart rate, etc.
- Get goal-oriented training plans
- Get health and wellness advice, stories, and product updates
- Engage in challenges and celebrate personal achievements
Nike Run Club is a free app created by Nike to encourage you to reach your fitness goals with training plans, guided runs, and much more. It is ideal for casual runners as well as athletes because its coaches assist you with a run right now or with planning your next race.
So, even if you are planning on running a marathon, the Nike Run Club helps. It even takes care of your recovery from training by providing you with actionable wellness tips on your day off. Thus, it is a perfect app for those who want quality training but can’t afford subscriptions.
- Get an overview of daily steps, distance, time, and active calories
- Visualize your activity with weekly, monthly, and yearly charts
- Share your achievements on social platforms
- Connect with Google Fit for a more comprehensive tracking experience
If you are to see how much you walk every day, you are bound to improve on your count. With that in mind, StepsApp is a step counter for over 10 million users that pushes you to walk further for your health.
It integrates with Google Fit and tracks your progress to show you illustrative charts of how well you are doing. Apart from just step count, it also shows you other important this distance, time, and active calories. It comes in 20 languages and customizes its theme with 6 colors.
- Place a bet and commit to meeting weekly step targets
- Get personalized goals based on your tracker history
- Compatible with many popular fitness apps
StepBet offers a unique way to move you out of your comfort zone and get walking. It turns your love for money into a motivation to walk. How? StepBet asks you to join a game where you have to commit real money for betting to complete the challenge.
The total money will be divided among those who complete it. So, by being physically active with StepBet, you won’t just be motivated towards better health, but will also earn money.
- Explore a variety of workouts from strength training to yoga
- Enjoy thousands of instructor-led workouts
- Schedule or bookmark classes to never miss a workout
- Stay engaged with goal-based programs and challenges
Peloton is another popular workout app that makes you hustle towards your fitness by exercising on your schedule. It appeals to all kinds of health freaks as it has a wide range of workouts such as strength training, indoor and outdoor running, cycling, yoga, HIIT, meditation, and more.
It is designed to make you carry on your streak longer with goal-based programs and challenges that bring on more fun. You can even follow it on TV with Chromecast if you want a better experience.
Top 10 Apps to Be More Physically Active – Conclusion
Moving is for living. Stagnation is for the dead. So, you are slowly rusting your body if you are not moving it enough daily. But, we are sure that with these 10 fitness apps, you will find a motivation towards living a healthier life.