In other words, learning Spanish empowers you to connect with millions of people across the world. But do you think that’s hard? Then think again as you can start learning Spanish only by watching Spanish entertainment with the ViX app.
Exciting, right? So, in this blog post, we, at Insiderbits, will show you how the Vix app can help you get started with Spanish.
ViX: App Overview and Features
ViX is the world’s largest hub of Spanish content. Thus, it provides you with movies, soap operas, comedy series, news, and TV channels – all Spanish, totally free.
So, get yourself entertained anytime and anywhere by watching Spanish shows as it has some of the best series and Hollywood movies in its collection.
Here is what you get with the ViX app:
- The best of live football
- News – 24 hours a day
- Dramas, action, reality TV, and documentaries
- 100+ live and on-demand TV channels
- Completely free
4 Ways the ViX App Can Help You Learn Spanish
- Vocabulary – Learning words is the foundation of learning a language. So, with Spanish audio and English subtitles, you can start laying a foundation while enjoying awesome content.
- Listening skills – By hearing various new words, you will be able to understand them when someone speaks in Spanish. Of course, this will be hard initially. But, as you get consistent, you will automatically start recalling the meaning of common words.
- Pronunciation – When you try to speak in Spanish, you must speak the words correctly to convey the right message. And, if you fail to do so, you not just hamper the effectiveness of your communication but also your impression.
Thus, as you embrace the words, also embrace their sound by repeating them aloud.
- Informal communication – Watching native Spanish people converse does more than just teach you about words. It also teaches you about the signals and expressions they send with their body language as a part of informal communication.
Related: Learn English by Watching Netflix (+ 10 Show Recommendations)
How to Learn Spanish With the ViX App
Enough talk. Now it is time for some action towards learning a new language. Here are the steps you need to take.
Step 1: Get the ViX app or open its website
Click on any of the below links to go to the ViX website or download its app on your phone.
Step 2: Choose the right entertainment content for yourself
Vix has English and Spanish subtitles only for its content. However, not every movie and TV series in it is loaded with English subtitles. So, pick the one that assists your learning with English subtitles so you can have a better chance of understanding Spanish.
Step 3: Learn Spanish
Now that you know what to watch, we recommend that you keep a notebook with you as you enjoy the content to note down whatever word or phrase you learn.
Yes, you will have to pause a lot in between. But remember that your primary goal with this exercise is to learn Spanish and not just to get yourself entertained.
Step 4: Keep practicing
Learning any new language can feel intimidating initially. It will take time. You will struggle. But the key to learning is to keep practicing. Refer to your notes again and again. Speak Spanish with your friend. Repeat the dialogues yourself. And soon, you will get better.
Limitations of Learning Spanish With the ViX App
The ViX app helps you for sure to learn Spanish. But it will only take you so far because it is only intended to be an entertainment platform and not a language-learning platform. Thus, at best, it only offers you a one-way learning
So, don’t expect to learn native-level English with just this free app. You will have to do more than that to learn more after a stage. Thus, we recommend you invest in another language-learning app such as Lingopie or Duolingo once you are ready.
The ViX app gives you a great start in your journey of learning Spanish. The keyword here is “start”. Thus, lay the foundation with this free app but, if you want to go beyond that you will have to invest in better resources.