Learning a new language is always exciting yet challenging. Isn’t it? But what if we tell you that you can learn Spanish With TV shows? Ah! We see you getting pumped up already.
The app we are going to review today at Insiderbits makes learning Spanish an entertaining and binge-worthy experience. Here is everything you need to know about this app.
Lingopie: Language Learning: Overview and Features
Lingopie was created to make learning a new language fun, just as it should be. So, it turns our craving for entertainment into a language class that you can binge-watch at any time. Currently, it has over 3000+ hours of movies, TV shows, podcasts, and music videos.
But, how exactly it will help you? Lingopie shows you subtitles in both, English and the language you want to learn which in our case is Spanish.
Every word in the subtitle is clickable to see its translation. It also automatically saves the words you clicked so you can recall them later.
However, Lingopie isn’t limited to teaching you just Spanish vocabulary. It takes your learning experience further with grammar rules, accents, mannerisms, and other unspoken elements.
Here are some of its amazing features:
- More than only Spanish – In total, Lingopie teaches you as many as 8 languages. It includes Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, and Korean.
- Word meaning – After you play the content you want to watch, it will show you subtitles in Spanish and English. Just click on the word to immediately know its meaning and how it’s spelled.
- Loop – You can add a dialogue to the loop to automatically play it again and again. This will help you learn a phrase by listening to it multiple times.
- Quiz – Once you click on any word to find its meaning, it gets saved in your app so you can recall it later. After you save at least 5 words, you can take a quiz to check if you have learned them well enough.
- “Say it” – You can record yourself speaking the current dialogue to learn the dialect and accent. Upon sending your recording, its inherent system will judge it to give you a score. Improve your score to improve how you speak Spanish.
Lingopie: Pricing and Plans
This is a good time to tell you that Lingopie isn’t free, of course. But it does offer you a 7-day free trial for all 3 of its plans. If you decide not to continue within the first 7 days, you won’t be charged a dime. If you continue, here is how much it will cost you:
- 3-month plan – $36 @ $12/month
- Yearly plan – $71.88 @ $5.99/month
- Lifetime plan – $199 one-time payment
Now, we will look at the good and bad aspects of Lingopie.
Lingopie: Pros and Cons
Lingopie surely makes language-learning fun but it has its own positives and negatives. So, let’s look at them so you can decide if it is worth paying for.
- More immersive than typical classes – Who doesn’t love to get entertained? Lingopie just makes it more productive by teaching you a new language along with it.
- Focuses on many aspects of a language – Another good thing about Lingopie is that it does well to teach you more than just vocabulary. It also focuses on dialect, accent, and comprehension of the new language.
- Has interactive tools – Lingopie is loaded with some cool features that ensure you learn the new language well. Some of those features are quizzes, dual subtitles, one-click meaning, and many more.
- Has only 8 languages – Many traditional language learning apps have many more options of languages to learn than just 8. However, this is not much of an issue if you are keen to learn just Spanish.
- Isn’t a complete language-learning experience – If you are a complete beginner in Spanish, learning it from Lingopie may seem off because it doesn’t elevate you from the ground by covering fundamentals first.
It just translates dialogues which may be a mix of so many easy and hard words. Thus, Lingopie does enhance the learning experience, but it isn’t a replacement for language courses.
Next, let’s see how you can download Lingopie on your phone and start learning Spanish.
How to Download the Lingopie App to Learn Spanish With TV Shows
Step 1: Click on the link below to download the Lingopie app on Android or iOS.
Step 2: Create your account. Here it will ask you some questions about yourself such as the language you want to learn, fluency level, etc. to give you a personalized experience.
Step 3: Now you are on its home page. Pick any show you want to watch.
Step 4: Below the video, you will see 2 subtitles running simultaneously – English and Spanish. Keep up with both understand what is being said and what a phrase exactly means.
Step 5: If you want to understand the meaning of a specific Spanish word, just tap on it. Lingopie will automatically save it so you can refer to it again.
Step 6: After you have saved at least 5 words, you can take a quiz to check if you have understood the meaning.
Step 7: Use the other tools given below such as Speed, Loop, and Say It to learn Spanish more deeply.
Step 8: Keep learning.
So, that’s it. This is how you can start learning Spanish (or any of the other 7 languages) by watching movies, TV shows, and documentaries with Lingopie. Yes, don’t expect it to be your beginner-to-pro language tutor. But who can deny learning while getting entertained?