At Insiderbits, you will learn about an app to find your ancestors. These apps will show you accurate documentation of your ancestors searching through precise data.
Some families do not have memories that allow them to know their history. Either because they were lost in a tragedy or could not be raised by their relatives for various reasons. Keep going to discover how to find reliable information about your ancestors.
Download FamilySearch Tree to discover who your ancestors were
With FamilySearch Tree, you can find the historical records that lead you to your ancestors. Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana, philosopher, novelist, and poet born in Spain, said, “The man who does not know his history is doomed to repeat it.” He indeed refers to the people and the histories of their countries. But it could be applied to your life. To access the app:
- Go to Play Store.
- Type “FamilySearch Tree” in the search box.
- Click on the blue box with the word “Install.” It will immediately be downloaded and installed on your mobile or tablet.
Then open and explore it after you already have it on your device. The application is intuitive, so you will not have problems using it.
What does FamilySearch Tree offer you?
The FamilySearch Tree application has been designed so you and anyone who wants to can tell their story. You do this by adding, editing, or sharing your family story. Thus, you have the following options:
- Your family tree. In it, you will see, add, and edit the information regarding your ancestors. You can improve it by introducing documents you possess, photographs, and stories you know.
- Search of historical records. Millions of records are available at FamilySearch.org, from which you can search for specific family history details.
- The tasks that you can perform. Research the historical records that FamilySearch has obtained from the ancestors. Then you will have a better perspective of what actions to take next.
- Close relatives. Maybe some relatives are close to you, and you don’t know it. Investigate if there are some among the people who use the app.
- Locate your ancestors. The application has maps that show relevant events that your ancestors experienced.
- Talk to other users. You can start a conversation with other users through the application. That way, they could collaborate.
If you post information about people who have passed away, you must consider that anyone can see it.
Other FamilySearch apps
To complement FamilySearch Tree, two more applications will help you obtain and complete the information about your ancestors. These are:
FamilySearch Get Involved
The FamilySearch Get Involved app is equipped with highly advanced scanning technology, with which you will find the names of your ancestors that appear in historical records. If there is an error you can verify within the information you get, mark it. Whenever an incorrect name is corrected, it increases the possibility that its descendants will find it. Also:
- You can locate immigration documents or birth certificates.
- With the tools provided by FamilySearch Get Involved, you will get the names of your relatives in the documents that, otherwise, would not be easy to find.
Remember that the names you discover here are not fictitious. They are names of real people who lived in the past and are part of the story of someone in the present.
FamilySearch – Memories
FamilySearch Memories will give you the option to create digital albums with the best photographs and the best audio of your family. They will contain the most relevant events experienced in the family union—the sweetest and most beautiful moments. The application will save all these details, so your descendants can enjoy and share them.
That way, they will learn about the customs of their ancestors. You can also include old documents that you have saved. You can conduct interviews with your relatives, so they can tell their stories. Their most common phrases, jokes, and life stories will be immortalized. They can even tell what their ordinary days are like.
When later generations, who have not had the opportunity to meet them, listen to them and see their photos, it will be easier to imagine how they lived. The story will be heard directly from those who experienced it.
Do not miss the opportunity to know who your ancestors were
The family connection is a powerful bond. Not knowing who your ancestors were can create an inner void you don’t understand. When you discover where your roots are, your evolution is more apparent. You can even modify repetitive customs and behaviors that prevent you from moving forward.
By browsing Insiderbits, you will read other content that will be of interest to you. Remember to check out our weekly content. You will surely get the help you need if you look for tutorials, applications, and similar content.