Clean your phone regularly with an app to clean your phone. Unnecessary and malicious files can quickly pile up and take up a lot of storage space.
Today, we, at Insiderbits, will review this app to clean your phone. We will show you the exact steps to clean your phone with this app. First, let’s give you an overview of the app.
CCleaner: App Overview and Features
CCleaner is an Android app created to remove junk, free storage, make browsing safer, and monitor your phone for better performance.
If you haven’t cleared your phone in a long time, you will be surprised by how much junk you have accumulated. The CCleaner app helps you clean it up in just a few taps. However, it does much more than that for you:
- Find and remove similar, old, and poor-quality photos
- Reduce file size
- Find apps draining your battery and consuming your data
- Quickly uninstall multiple unwanted applications
There is no shortage of what CCleaner can do for you. However, its free account limits the majority of its capabilities. It has 2 paid plans which gives you more options at very affordable rates.
This plan is for those who want to clean their Android phones only. Here is what you get with it:
- No ads
- Remove hidden junk files with deep clean
- Automatic cleaning
- Clean unimportant Google data
- Sleep mode
- Custom dashboard
- Usage profiles
- Photo optimizer
- Priority support
Pro Plus offers the same features as its Android app but covers 3 operating systems: Android, Windows, and Mac. Thus, this plan is for those who want complete welfare for their phones and PCs.
CCleaner: Pros and Cons
- Good to keep phone healthy – Unnecessary files may not just be malicious. They can also be slowing down your phone with their heaviness. So, its deep clean feature keeps your phone overall healthy and improves its performance.
- One app for all your devices – CCleaner isn’t just available on Android but on Windows and Mac as well. So, by purchasing a plan from one app you will get cleaning services for your phone and PC/laptop.
- Easy to use – CCleaner’s Android app comes with a smooth and intuitive interface such that you can clean your phone in just a few taps.
- Very limited free features – It free version gives only a spoonful of taste about what it can do. For example, when we tried using the app, its deep cleaner (for PRO users) found almost 3 GB worth of junk.
But its standard cleaning removed only some MBs worth of junk from my phone. Plus, there aren’t many features you can try without buying its subscription.
- Not available on iOS – Despite being so successful in Android, CCleaner is yet to launch its iOS app. Thus, if you are an Apple user, you have to look for an alternative.
How to Download and Use CCleaner
Step 1: Click on the link below to go to Google Play Store and download the app.
Step 2: Open the app and click on START HERE.
Step 3: Before using this app, you have to give it 2 permissions. So, tap on “Give us access”.
Step 4: The first permission asks you for all file access so it can scan your storage to find junk files. Tap on GO TO SETTINGS and toggle the button on.
Step 5: The second permission asks you for usage access so it can clean the cache, find unused apps, and detect resource drainers. Beware that this permission is very sensitive. Tap on GO TO SETTINGS, find CCleaner, and toggle the button on.
Step 6: With the permissions granted, to find your junk files, click on “scan for junk” and then SEE RESULTS.
Step 7: Now you will find the standard scan results. You can select/deselect any particular folder. Tap on FINISH CLEANING to remove junk.
Overall we found CCleaner to be a good app to clean your phone that is easy to use and has many useful features. But much of its potential is kept behind the paywall, which is quite affordable. So try CCleaner now to remove junk from your phone.