Why should your kid ever bother learning to play piano? Well, it has many benefits that positively impact every aspect of his life. Here are some of them:
- Boosts creativity and the power of self-expression
- Enhances discipline and patience
- Improves mental health and self-confidence
- Develops the brain by coordinating multiple parts of the body
- Boosts social quotient
- Most importantly, it is fun.
And now, with so many online resources available, you don’t even have to break the bank by hiring a professional teacher. Here are 5 of the best piano apps our team at Insiderbits has compiled for you that your kid will love.
5 Best Piano Apps For Kids
1. Piano Kids
- Play piano, electric guitar, xylophone, saxophone, and more
- Four game modes – Instruments, Songs, Sounds, and Play
- Games that teach children counting, alphabets, etc. with music
- Learn melodies with the assistance of funny characters
Available on: Android
Piano Kids is a fun music app created for kids and their parents to learn songs, and develop musical skills. However, even though its name may suggest that this app is just for piano, that isn’t so. It provides you with many colorful instruments like a kid’s xylophone, drum kit, flute, etc.
But you can also count on this app to give your kids a bit of elementary education with the power of sounds. For example, they can learn here to pronounce the colors, flags, geometric figures, numbers, and letters of the alphabet. Overall, Piano Kids is much more than a music app as it helps your kids boost their memory, concentration, and creativity.
2. Simply Piano
- Personalized lessons from reading sheet music to playing with both hands
- Library of over 5000 popular songs
- Get instant feedback on playing progress
- Safe for kids with no ads or external links
Simply Piano is used by millions of learners to learn to play piano like a pro. It boasts that over a million songs are learned with it every week. It is designed to be fast, fun, and easy. Thus, practice on your own time for just 5 minutes a day with its piano lessons and songs and you will be amazed at how effective it is.
Just in case you are wondering, it is safe for your kids as it gives a completely ad-free experience and suits learners of all ages. Chosen as one of Google Play’s Best Apps, it has a library of over 5000 songs which you can learn with a piano or a keyboard.
3. Piano Academy
- Watch video tutorials that take you from beginner to piano expert
- Play games to train various aspects of instrument learning
- Practice playing tunes by reading real sheet music
- Get instant feedback every time you play
Piano Academy offers you a quick way to improve your piano skills whether you are a complete beginner or have some prior experience. It doesn’t require you to have a piano as it already has a built-in one. So, you can start honing your piano skills immediately.
However, this app also works well with any piano or keyboard. Piano Academy provides you with step-by-step lessons and gives you instant feedback on how you are performing. To make the experience more engaging, it has embedded small games that train your musical hearing, hand coordination, and more.
4. Baby piano for kids & toddlers
- Play various instruments – piano, drums, bells, flute, guitar, etc.
- 8 educational games to develop a love for music
- 8 classic songs like Jingle Bell, Happy Birthday, and more
- 8 lullabies to help your child fall asleep
Baby Piano is a delightful music game designed especially for kids of the age of 1 to 6. It blends entertainment and education with its 5 engaging activities. Its purpose is to boost creativity, improve attention, and develop a taste for music among toddlers.
This app is also suitable for kids with developmental disorders like autism. Here, your kids can perform various musical instruments apart from the piano. Another of its activity is playing 60 sounds including that of animals and vehicles. Baby Piano works offline and can even be downloaded on Windows.
- Library of over 1500 songs from various genres
- Learn with step-by-step courses
- Practice more effectively with direct feedback
- Taught by professional pianists
Flowkey teaches you to play piano from scratch and takes you to an expert level. That is why it is suitable for pianists at all levels. It gives you a collection of 1500 songs from a wide variety of genres including classical, pop, rock, and jazz.
You will learn here notes, chords, sheet music reading, and proper technique. It is compatible with both acoustic and digital pianos and provides you with direct feedback on your accuracy. Its step-by-step courses and high-quality tutorials are created by professionals which you can take at your own pace.
Like we said earlier, learning piano isn’t just about creating soothing music with it. It is about getting involved in it so much that you come out as a more developed person. So, if you also want to train your kids with essential life qualities, give them the gift of learning art with these 5 piano apps.