Nobody is ever good enough to stop learning. That is why true education never stops. In fact, great minds in history are the curious ones. They wonder about everything and are eager to learn anything because they know the more they learn, the wiser they become.
Thus, there is no shortage of sources where you too can replicate this habit of the greats by learning something about various important subjects every day. However, many of them don’t go far enough to simplify the topics so that everyone can understand them with ease.
This is where Crash Course’s YouTube education trumps all others. So, in this post, our team at Insiderbits is going to review this learning platform.
Crash Course: Overview and Popular Courses
Crash Course is a very popular YouTube channel (and now also a website) that provides you with high-quality educational videos for free. Its channel has attracted over 15 million subscribers currently, thanks to the wide appealing topics it picks and explains so well.
To date, the Crash Course team has produced more than 45 courses on topics taught in high schools and colleges. That is why its primary target audience is school and college students looking to understand their subjects better.
However, its visual content complemented well with simple-to-understand explanations also goes well with the general audience. Thus, Crash Course is used by people of all ages who have a learner’s attitude. And, since it is a YouTube education, it comes free. Here are some of the courses it includes:
- Artificial Intelligence – Nobody is immune from AI. Thus studying it is a must. Crash Course has taken this complex subject from scratch to explain what it is and goes on to its practical implementation in the real world.
- Entrepreneurship – Such a crucial topic in today’s age. Here you will lay a foundation of entrepreneurship and learn many things about it. It isn’t comprehensive but we hope the team will add more videos to it.
- Anatomy – Know better what’s within your skin – immune system, digestive system, bones, muscles, and more. This course helps you visualize what they look like and how they are functioning.
- Economics – We all are affected by economics. That is why, this course explains the important elements of it such as globalization, inflation, inequality, market failure, trade, and much more.
- Geography – What is a developed country? How do we produce food? Why people are moving to cities? How do populations grow and change? All such interesting knowledge is shared in the Geography section.
- Literature – If you are interested in knowing about classic books, this course is for you. Many famous books such as 1984, Romeo and Juliet, and The Great Gatsby are summarized and explained in it.
- Psychology – Psychology is the study of mind and behavior. So, if you are wondering why people do what they do, you need to take this. Emotions, stress, addictions, disorders, etc. are discussed here.
Crash Course: Pros and Cons
- Quality education for free – It is commendable the quality at which the videos are produced. The team of Crash Course has understood the needs of its target audience well by explaining topics with visuals that many classrooms lack.
- Wide variety of topics – You have already got an idea of the variety of courses it provides. Thus, this has become a go-to place for many students and learners if they are curious about academic subjects.
- Comes in English and Spanish – Its primary channel has videos in English which covers the majority of its audience. However, there is also a separate channel created by its team on YouTube to provide videos in Spanish.
- Not complete courses – Unlike many educational platforms, a complete course is not launched here in batch. They keep on adding relevant videos with time on a subject they are covering. Thus, you will have to wait till their next video if you want to know more about, let’s say, psychology.
How to Use Crash Course
Crash Course is well on the way to fulfilling its mission of providing quality educational content for free. Try it if you haven’t yet explored it. No matter whether you are a student or a curious learner, it has a lot to educate you.