Many apps may take up your storage space for years and would still be sitting idle waiting to be used at all. And then some apps are hard to ignore once you have them as they make your daily life so much easier.
This blog post from Insiderbits is dedicated to those must-have apps so you also can relieve yourself of the common stresses of life. Download them and you will see a huge change in your life if you use them wisely.
10 Must-Have Apps for 2024
1. Home Workout – No Equipment
- Start with warm-up and stretching
- Follow detailed workout video and animation
- Record your training progress automatically
- Get customized workout reminders
Do you think working out, losing fat, and gaining muscles is hard? Then you have yet to use the Home Workouts app. It makes ingraining the habit of working out easy with its simple-to-follow workout plans that take only a few minutes of your daily schedule.
But, in return, you will reap the benefits of exercising as it is created by experts looking to cut the excuses and give you the gift of fitness. You can choose the body areas to work on such as full body, legs, arms, abs, etc., and the difficulty level to match your needs.
2. Lookout Life
- Get continuous antivirus protection
- Secure yourself against phishing and Wi-Fi attacks
- Remotely lock your phone and post a custom message when lost
- Stay mindful of the personal information accessed by your apps
Your mobile and its data are more vulnerable than ever. But Lookout Life stands like a guard between them and the people with malicious intents. In other words, it is your complete mobile security app that not only keeps viruses and junk at bay but also secures you from all online threats.
Lookout Life keeps your browsing safe by alerting you if a website or a WiFi network is unsafe to use. This protects you from phishing attacks. And, just in case, your personal information is leaked, you will get help from it to restore it.
- Give your photo a vintage look from the 50s, 60s, etc.
- Remove unwanted elements from a picture
- Save your looks and apply them to new photos later
- Correct the pose of portraits based on 3D models
Do you post photos on any social media platforms? Then Snapseed will be of great help to you for putting your best look forward. There are many photo editing apps out there but almost all of them work on freemium model by keeping their best behind the paywall.
But not Snapseed as it is a completely free app from Google for those who want to turn simple photos into Instagram-worthy. It provides you with 29 tools and filters that do everything from face enhancements to background editing.
- Count calories for over 14 million foods
- See carbs, fat, and protein breakdown by gram or percentage
- Track your water intake
- Set your protein goals
MyFitnessPal is the only app you need if you are serious about your nutrition. It acts as your all-in-one health and nutrition coach working to help you get healthy from the inside. Thus, it will give you insights into daily body essentials to lose weight or gain muscle.
Even though you will find “calorie counter” in its name, it is much more than that. Apart from logging your meals and your daily calorie intake, it also gives you personalized meal plans designed as per your goals and expert advice from a professional dietitian.
- Manage stress with daily meditation and breathing exercises
- Suitable for all experience levels
- Overcome insomnia with calming music and sleep sounds
- Pick from 100+ sleep stories
Stress and anxiety are universal except for babies. But it doesn’t have to be that way. That is why calm was created. It acts as your guide to reduce stress, live with mindfulness, and get a better sleep. Isn’t that the dream?
It teaches you the art of meditation with its expert teachers no matter your current experience. The best part is that its daily programs are kept short yet effective so everyone can reap the utmost benefits with even a busy schedule.
For more insights, Calm helps you track progress (moods and stress levels) and see if you are going towards the calm you want to achieve.
- Search for any product via UPC, barcode, and keyword
- Compare all the prices on the Internet and local stores
- Save the product for constant price monitoring
- Scan anything – QR codes, barcodes, etc.
If you get bothered by the price tag of an item and are always looking to get the best deal from a purchase, then ShopSavvy is for you. It is your price comparison assistant that finds you the lowest prices for any product across online and local stores.
All you have to do is scan the barcode of the item with its built-in scanner or type in the name and you will be ready to make a smart decision. ShopSavvy also allows you to see the price history of the product and set alerts to notify you of any price drops.
- Create beautiful docs with rich media
- Share pages, add comments, and mention teammates for collaboration
- Use readymade templates to organize almost anything
- Get unlimited storage for free
At first glance, you may find Notion similar to Google Docs. But it is way much more than that. It is your complete workspace for notes, docs, and tasks to get your work done more productively.
At its core, it is a minimally-designed text editor you can use to write your daily content. However, you can directly publish them to the web by turning a Notion page into a website with just a few clicks.
It is perfect for professionals and creators looking to organize their docs and want to collaborate with others for teamwork. It is available on all platforms – Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac.
- Monitor your expenses and get financial insights
- Get monthly bill reminders to save on late fees
- See your full financial portfolio including crypto
- Apply for home loans from Rocket Mortgage
Mint is for all those who love money and want to be smart in handling it. So, that includes every human who breathes. It is your personal finance app that helps you track your spending and manage all your money – bank accounts, credit cards, loans, and investments – in one place.
Thus, you will be able to see the bigger picture of your financial condition and leakages in your pool of wealth. It even strives to improve your condition with budget setting and giving you money-saving insights to reach your financial goals.
9. I Am Sober
- Visualize how long you have been sober
- View how much money and time you have saved
- Take a pledge every day
- Review how your day went by journaling
We all have addictions in some form – gaming, drinking, junk eating, smoking, etc. – and it is only better for us to get rid of them. I Am Sober is here to help you with exactly that by providing you with tools and resources that assist you in replacing bad habits with good ones.
Every day, you will start by taking a pledge to remind you of your commitment to your sobriety. And despite that, if you feel like giving up, you can always be prepared for it by adding your “why” for quitting the bad habit to motivate you along the way.
10. Think Dirty
- Access information on over 850,000 products
- Save time by pre-selecting your ingredient preferences
- Save products you like
- Rate the products you use to help others
If you shop for beauty products, then you should have Think Dirty on your phone. It is that important an app. Think Dirty helps you easily learn about the ingredients of cosmetics and personal care products you use every day.
Thus, you will be alerted of any toxicity in them and their health impacts. Just scan the barcode of the product or search by keyword and you will find the information from its database of over 850 thousand products.
Think Dirty is not driven by brands and advertisers. It serves the public interest to help them purchase the best products. Thus, everyone can submit a product in it if it is not already there or provide a review of their experience.
Our team at Insiderbits believes that all these apps deserve a place in your phone for the immense value they provide in living a better life. So which ones in this list do you think are the must-have apps for you? Download and start using them now.