“What gets measured gets improved”, says Peter Drucker, America’s one of most acclaimed management consultants. This is as true for habits as it is for productivity. So, despite building new habits being tough, you have a better chance of succeeding when you track it.
You can take the old route of habit-tracking using a calendar where you make a mark on top of the day you followed through on your habit. It is good but not effective enough as it doesn’t provide you with statistics of how you performed.
That is where a modern solution comes into play – habit-tracking apps. They not only help in keeping the streak alive but also give you data on your performance. So, try any of these 5 habit-tracking apps we, at Insiderbits, have listed for you.
5 Best Habit-Tracking Apps
1. Loop Habit Tracker
- Habit score system to allow recovery from original lapses
- Supports complex habit frequencies beyond daily routines
- Visualize and track habit progress over time
- Customizable reminders and vibrant widgets
Available on: Android
Loop Habit Tracker is created to help you build a positive routine in your life and reach your long-term goals. How? By allowing you to track your habits, encouraging you to keep the streak going, and providing you with habit-related statistics.
But, there is more. It has an advanced scoring system to calculate the strength of your habits. This quantifies your habit-building to provide you with instant feedback on how you are doing.
Loop Habit Tracker stands out for its commitment to the user experience by giving you an ad-free platform to track your habits. And, that too 100% free.
2. Habit Tracker – Habit Diary
- Engage in a proven 3-stage habit-building
- Boost productivity with built-in timers, white noises, and smart reminders
- Plan monthly or annual long-term habits
- Access detailed statistics to analyze your progress
Habit Tracker makes it easy to break the chains of bad habits and take yourself into the positive world of a healthy and productive lifestyle. So, with this app, you can get closer to your goals, manage your to-do list, and build positive habits with its 30-day challenge.
To assist you with habit building, Habit Tracker also provides you with a built-in timer, white noises, and smart reminders. And, as you keep going, you will see detailed statistics on your progress showing how far you have come.
Thus, it is ideal for integrating long-term habits as well as managing one-time tasks that come up now and then.
- Turn tasks into a game with rewards
- Schedule repeating tasks, track habits, and manage one-time to-dos
- Take your tasks on the go with the Wear OS app
- Customize your avatar with various hairstyles, skin tones, etc.
Turning a boring task into a game immediately makes it more exciting. Habitica uses this insight and transform your daily tasks and goals into a role-playing game adventure. In other words, it gamefies habit-building by virtually rewarding you for your accomplishments.
What makes it different from other habit-tracking apps is that it also allows you to create a shared task list for the tasks needed to be done in a group.
So, create a routine filled with tasks you want to get done every day, schedule them, and its habit-tracking feature will help you keep the streak alive with the fun induced by gamification.
- Create and track habits, to-dos, and goals
- Set up highly customizable reminders
- Visually track progress over time
- Access daily progress effortlessly through widgets
Available on: Android
HabitNow is your all-in-one solution for building and maintaining strong habits while staying organized. Thus, it lets you list habits, to-dos, and goals according to your schedule, priorities, and categories.
For habit-tracking to be easier than ever, it makes progress statistics more accessible with widgets. So, you will never have to open the app to check how well you are doing.
So, HabitNow is a great companion you can have in your journey to overcoming procrastination, breaking bad habits, and building a healthy routine.
5. Avocation Goal & Habit Tracker
- Organize habits with personalized colors, icons, and reminders
- Track daily and weekly progress through a visual representation
- Access short and enjoyable lessons on personal growth
- Enjoy a free account to track up to 5 habits
Avocation offers you a refreshing approach to habit-tracking. It makes your progress more visible by showing you the plant growing as you keep your streak alive. So, the better your stats, the more you will have water for your plant (representing the seed of habit you have sown).
However, Avocation understands you can sometimes miss your streak due to unforeseen circumstances. So, with its time travel feature, you can go back one day to complete your missed tasks.
It goes beyond being just a habit-tracking app and provides you with engaging lessons on habit formation and productivity tips.
You may already have tried and failed many a time to build good habits such as working out or quitting smoking. But, tracking your habits can boost your chances of following through to get to a point where they become an inseparable part of your lifestyle.
So, download any of the habit-tracking apps we mentioned here and build a good lifestyle much easier.