As we age, our body needs more and more care because of the wear and tear it has already endured for years. But most people over 50 tend to continue their lazy habits in their elderly life, which tends to cause problems later.
So, if you want to prolong your body’s life and be able to move just like when you were younger, you need to … well … move. Moving your body with proper exercises not only improves your balance and strength but also prevents heart disease and diabetes.
However, you need to find age-appropriate exercises that match your body’s condition. To help you with that, there are many fitness apps for people over 50. Our team at Insiderbits has listed here the 5 best of them. Try them now to live a better life.
5 Best Fitness Apps For Seniors
- Explore a range of yoga-inspired workouts
- Get professionally developed classes for various goals like weight loss
- Workout with quick 7-15 minute sessions
- Create personalized daily yoga programs
Yoga-Go is a daily yoga app that caters to people of all ages and experience levels. Its vast library contains 500+ yoga poses and 600+ workouts for any need. So, whether you are looking for chair yoga, wall pilates, or yoga for weight loss, this app is for you.
It acts as your yoga studio that you can access anywhere to get personalized workouts that require no equipment. Yoga-Go is flexible as it gives you morning or bedtime yoga with a session that lasts just 7 minutes. So anyone can incorporate yoga into their life with Yoga-Go as their guide.
- Get a personalized workout routine as per your age, fitness level, etc.
- Covers fitness, nutrition, rest, and mindfulness
- Access healthy recipes and nutritional advice
- Get guidance for establishing better sleep habits
Sensalus is the first fitness app specially designed for people over 50. This app is comprehensive as it aims to rejuvenate your body and mind with moderate-intensity exercises and mindfulness sessions.
It comes with weekly plans that fulfill various goals such as cardio and stamina, balance building, and mobility and elasticity. But, there is much more. Sensalus also gives you nutrition tips and helps you sleep well. Thus, this is the single app you need for a complete wellness solution.
3. Senior Fitness-workout for 50+
- Exercises for common issues like knee pain, hip pain, and neck pain
- Chair yoga for those with limited mobility
- Full-body chair workouts and chair aerobics
- Crafted by a professional fitness coach
Available on: Android
Senior Fitness is a completely free exercise app that gives workout plans created specially for people over 50. It offers a wide range of workouts that enhance flexibility, mobility, and overall health. If you find it hard to move much, it serves you with balance workouts and chair yoga.
Despite that, are you not able to find the right workout for you? Then go to its consultation tab and share your pain points and requirements to get assistance in selecting the best workout for you. Even then, when you start an exercise, it makes you aware of situations when you should avoid it.
4. Workout for Older Adults
- Specifically designed low-impact exercises for older adults
- Step-by-step instructions with videos
- Customized workout plan based on your fitness levels and goals
- Progress tracker to monitor streak and maintain motivation
Available on: iOS
Workout for Older Adults is a personalized fitness app designed to motivate and support seniors in maintaining a healthy lifestyle anytime and anywhere. No matter whether you are working out for the first time or are an experienced veteran, you will find here a variety of low-impact workouts that match your level.
It aims to reduce the risk of falling, boost your energy level, and improve your overall well-being. Workout for Older Adults provides clear instructions and videos for each exercise to make sure that you are doing them right and prevent any injury.
5. Yoga for Seniors, Old & Elders
- Demonstrates every step of the exercise in 3D videos with voice guidance
- Supports 18 languages for voice instructions
- Complete home workout with no need for equipment
- Daily healthy tips and guides
Available on: Android
Yoga for Seniors is another app that guides seniors to feel physically whole again. So, if you lack energy, suffer from conditions like diabetes, tension, or heart disease, or have pain in joints or muscles, this app is the right place to get a long-lasting solution.
It offers you customized therapy that you can take from home or elsewhere. The workouts in it are curated after rigorous research. Thus, you can trust the Yoga for Seniors app to help you get relief from age-related problems and enjoy the immense benefits of yoga.
No one can take health for granted. This becomes more true as you age. So, if you are over 50, you need to give your physical well-being the utmost priority. For that, let any of these fitness apps for seniors guide you to make the most out of the rest of your life.