Do you love to explore the underwater world with scuba diving? Then you know how sacred the experience is. That shoal of fishes, plant species unknown to many, and other unique creatures at a great depth is a scene to cherish for life.
But, you can make the experience even better with the technology that is at your service. So, to help you with that, here are 5 best apps for scuba divers we, at Insiderbits, have compiled for you. Try them to take your scuba diving experience to the next level.
5 Best Apps For Scuba Diving Enthusiasts
- Get digital training materials in 30+ languages
- Save gear details such as serial numbers, photos, and maintenance dates
- Log dives easily with SSI’s Dive Spot Database
- Stay updated on events and access industry news
SSI is a one-stop solution for divers looking for digital training, certification, and logbook features. Its free SSI programs include Try Scuba, Snorkeling, Try Freediving, and Scuba Diver. Thus, from learning the basics of scuba diving to journaling your underwater adventures, this app helps you will all.
For ease of access, here you can keep your digital certifications, insurance, and other related documents in one place. SSI also facilitates saving the important details of your diving gear and their upcoming maintenance dates for timely service.
- Find local dive centers
- Learn hand signals, knots, and much more
- Prepare for dives with checklists
- Keep track of all dives in one place
PADI, a recreational diving membership and diver training organization, stands for Professional Association of Diving Instructors and this is its official app. It is meant to be a comprehensive tool designed to make your scuba diving experience even better.
It has a dedicated section to learn hand signals, various knots, and many other courses. And, upon your successful completion of its training, you can buy its ecard which acts as a certification of proof and your commitment to help PADI in its mission to protect oceans.
- Restore the original colors of underwater photos
- Log your dives automatically
- Connect with its diving community
- Get assistance with underwater photography
Diving into the sea is nice and all but capturing that moment in its most vibrant form will be the most satisfying thing for many. Dive+ is for those people. So no more bluish underwater photos. This app offers a one-touch WOW color restoration to bring back the original colors of your photos.
But, it isn’t just for photography. Dive+ takes up the burden of manually logging your dives if you used to journal your experiences. It also combines well with a smartphone diving case as it shows you real-time depth, time, and ascent speed.
4. Garmin Dive
- Track various types of dives such as scuba, freediving, and recreational
- Visualize dives with detailed map views
- Discover popular dive locations on the map
- Log dive gear and set maintenance alerts
No matter whether you are new to scuba diving or a veteran, Garmin Dive fuels the passion for this sport for divers at all levels. It connects seamlessly with Garmin dive computers and helps you track your dives with its log regardless of their type – scuba, freediving, recreational, rebreather, etc.
Your dive details will be visualized on a detailed map. However, if you want more of those experiences under your belt, its Explore feature will show you more dive locations. And, the good news is that you can store as many dives in its cloud storage as you want.
- Capture and log dives of various types
- View dive data such as depth, pressure, and temperature
- Supports popular dive computer models from major brands
- Log dive gear details and receive alerts for maintenance
Available on: Android
DiveMate simplifies documenting your diving experience with a comprehensive dive logbook feature. It is compatible with over 170 dive computer models from 22 different companies which allows it to easily transfer dive data and enrich your log with photos, videos, and notes.
This app supports multiple divers and offers a detailed display of depth, pressure, and temperature profiles. You can get much more with its paid packs which include premium features such as data backup and sync, statistics, and offline maps for dive sites.
Scuba diving is too rewarding a thing to be done carelessly. These 5 apps take your experiences from mere happening to capture them fully. So, download the one you like the most now and change your diving experience forever.