If you’re a budget-conscious viewer looking for the best value among streaming services, Amazon shines a bright line with its offerings. But how much is Prime Video?
In this Insiderbits pricing guide, we’ll show you the cost of having a Prime account. We’ll also display what you get with the subscription and compare it to other streaming platforms.
Ready to make the most bang for your buck? Dive deeper with us as we explore whether or not subscribing to Prime Video is a good fit for your wallet in 2023.
What is Prime Video and how does it work?
Prime Video is Amazon’s very own streaming service, offering a vast library of movies, TV shows, and documentaries to its subscribers for on-demand viewing.
With Prime, you can stream content on computers, tablets, smartphones, and even some gaming consoles. The platform also allows downloads for offline viewing on mobile devices.
The platform features Amazon Originals, which are exclusive content made specifically for Prime Video. This includes movies, series, and specials that are not available elsewhere.
To explore its catalog, users just sign in to Prime Video using their Amazon details. With its intuitive design and search features, discovering content is effortless.
The best part is that you don’t have to burn a hole through your pocket in order to access all of these features. Amazon offers different plans that cater to individual needs.
Whether you want to take advantage of Amazon’s Prime deals, if you’re only interested in their Prime Video platform, or if you’re a student on a budget, you can find an ideal plan.
Let’s take a closer look at how much is Prime Video in 2023:
|Amazon Prime||Prime Video||Amazon Prime Student|
|$14.99 per month.||$8.99 per month.||$7.49 per month.|
|$139 per year.||–||$69 per year.|
Accepted payment methods
Prime Video offers a range of convenient payment options that fit every user’s needs.
Regardless of which method you prefer, the platform ensures a smooth and secure transaction. This flexibility makes it easier to access its vast library of content.
To pay for your Prime Video subscription in the U.S., you can choose any of the following:
- Debit and Credit Cards: Amazon Store Card, Amazon Secured Card, American Express, China UnionPay (credit), Diner’s Club, Discovery, Eurocard, JCB, NYCE, Mastercard, STAR, and Visa.
- Prepaid Credit Cards: American Express, Mastercard, and Visa.
- Gift Cards: Amazon, American Express, Mastercard, and Visa.
- Payment Apps: Venmo.
Amazon also allows users to split monthly Prime Video payments between an Amazon Gift Card and one of the credit/debit cards listed above.
You can add a new payment method or update existing payment information by logging into your Amazon Wallet with your Amazon credentials.
What do you get with a Prime Video subscription?
We already know how much is Prime Video, so now it’s time to explore the richness of its content. Is it really worth the price tag? Let’s unpack the features and benefits:
- Expansive Content Library: With Prime Video, you have access to thousands of movies and TV shows, from drama to documentaries and everything in between.
- Exclusive Amazon Originals: Prime Video is home to award-winning series and movies that are produced and commissioned by Amazon itself.
- Flexible Viewing Options: Stream content directly or download to watch offline. Wherever you are, your favorite shows are just a click away.
- User-Centric Interface: The platform’s design is user-focused, with curated categories, user ratings, and trailers to help you make an informed choice.
- Multilingual Features: Catering to a global audience, Prime Video offers movies and shows in multiple languages, and often provides subtitles or dubbed versions.
- Tailored Recommendations: Using smart algorithms, Prime Video suggests content based on your viewing habits to make sure you spend more time enjoying the content.
- Child-Friendly Options: With Prime Video’s parental controls, you can filter out content not suitable for children, creating a safe environment for younger audiences.
- Personalized Profiles: Create up to six profiles on a single account, ensuring that each member of the family has their unique viewing preferences saved and ready.
In essence, Prime Video offers a solid entertainment experience. With its vast catalog and user-friendly features, it caters to the preferences and needs of its subscribers.
How Prime Video stacks up against other streaming platforms
Navigating the world of streaming platforms is like a game of numbers. Knowing how much is Prime Video can help you compare prices and make well-rounded decisions.
We have gathered the most popular streaming services available so you can compare their prices and choose what’s best for your budget. Let’s see how they measure up!
|Netflix||$6.99 (with ads), $15.49 (standard), and $19.99 (premium)|
|MAX||$9.99 (with ads), $15.99 (ad-free), $19.99 (ultimate ad-free)|
|Disney +||$8.00 (with ads), $14.00 (ad-free)|
|Hulu||$1.99 for students (with ads), $7.99 (with ads), $17.99 (ad-free)|
|Apple TV Plus||There’s a 7-day free trial, then $6.99|
|Starz||$5 for your first month, then $9.99|
|Paramount Plus||$5.99 (with ads), $11.99 (with SHOWTIME)|
|Peacock||$5.99 (with ads), $11.99 (ad-free)|
It’s worth mentioning that some of the streaming platforms mentioned above offer yearly plans that can help you save money in the long run.
However, since Prime Video does not provide an annual subscription, we at Insiderbits opted for a monthly comparison.
Behind the screen: the real cost of Prime Video in 2023
As we explored how much is Prime Video in 2023, it’s clear that its value goes beyond the price tag. Amazon’s platform remains a strong contender in the streaming arena.
Offering an impressive library, exclusive content, and user-first features to keep subscribers engaged and entertained, it proves to be a worthwhile investment.
Insiderbits’ take on Prime Video’s 2023 pricing highlights our commitment to guiding you in making informed choices. This guide is just a snippet of our thorough research.
If you found this breakdown valuable, there’s more to explore! We invite you to check out other Insiderbits articles, where we dissect, compare, and evaluate to keep you in the know.