Booklovers swear by the love of books. Such is the bond they create. But do you also feel that they take up a lot of space? Or, are hard to carry everywhere? Then you will feel a great relief using an e-book app.
If you are not sure which one suits your needs the best, we, at Insiderbits, will show you 5 top e-book apps at are bound to be the easy-to-carry collection that gives you a great reading experience.
1. Amazon Kindle
- Try any book with a sample in the app before making a purchase
- Adjust text size, background color, etc, to suit your preferences
- Look up words, people, and places with a built-in dictionary
- Bookmark, highlight, and take notes, and view them in one place
No list of best e-book apps is complete without Amazon Kindle. Such is the impact it has created for book lovers. It is probably the biggest library of e-books with access to millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, etc.
So, whether you are far off in nature, on a lunch break, or going to bed, Kindle is always accessible. You will need an internet connection to purchase an e-book but once you have it downloaded, you can read it offline.
What sets it apart from other e-book apps is that you also have an option to purchase a subscription for Kindle Unlimited which gives access to over a million books at no extra cost. This is great if you are an avid reader who wants to save money on books.
2. Barnes & Noble NOOK
- Explore over 75,000 free eBooks and 10,000 free audiobooks
- Listen safely while driving with Android Auto
- Add notes, bookmarks, and highlights
- Organize your Library with custom shelves
Barnes & Noble has been synonymous with books. Thus, it has also expanded from being just a book store to an e-book app. Barnes & Noble NOOK provides you with a collection of over 4 million e-books including comics, manga, magazines, and more.
But it isn’t limited to that. If you love to listen to audiobooks, it has over 300 thousand audio titles waiting for you. And, the best part is that over 75 thousand e-books and 10 thousand audiobooks are available for free.
With a customizable reading experience, personalized recommendations, and syncing across devices, the NOOK App offers you a user-friendly experience for reading and listening to books.
3. Kobo Books
- Search by author, title, topic, or genre
- Explore the most popular and trending eBooks, updated hourly
- Turn on Night Mode for easier reading before bedtime
- Remember where you left off across all your devices
Kobo is another popular app focused on fulfilling the cravings of book readers and book listeners. That means it has a comprehensive library of ebooks and audiobooks of over 5 million titles that can be accessed from Android, iOS, PC, and Mac.
It is a multi-lingual app that supports almost all major languages. So, you can have books in your native language as well. Just like Kindle, Kobo also offers you a subscription choice if you don’t want to purchase books separately.
The Kobo Plus subscription allows you to read unlimited book titles at a time with just a small monthly fee. Kobo Plus Read or Kobo Plus Listen come at $7.99 per month whereas Read and Listen will cost you $9.99 per month.
- Read books without ads or internal purchases
- Automatically detects books and documents in your phone
- Create book reading lists such as to read, have read, and favorites
- Supports various formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle, and more
Available on: Android
If you want to access book titles for free, ReadEra is the app you should try. It is a popular e-book reader app that has a collection of plenty of free e-books. What’s even better is that, despite being free, it doesn’t interrupt you with ads and makes your experience even better.
However, being free also means that you may have limited titles to choose from. But that’s okay if you are just trying to build your reading habit. On top of ebooks, it also allows you to manage documents of various formats such as PDF, DOC, EPUB, etc.
5. PocketBook reader
- Supports 19 book formats
- Connect Google Drive and Google Books to create a library
- Two night-reading modes for enhanced comfort
- Make notes and share them via email or messengers
PocketBook Reader is an online bookstore designed for reading various e-content such as books, magazines, textbooks, comic books, and audiobooks. It supports 26 document and audio formats to give you a versatile reading experience.
All the e-books you purchase with it will be synced to the cloud so you can access it from any device, Android or iOS. PocketBook Reader has also taken good care to assist you with reading with a built-in dictionary and translator, a quick search in Google, and custom fonts.
Top 5 E-book Apps – Conclusion
Even a single book can be an ocean of wisdom. So, what will they do if you have a collection always at just a hand’s reach? So, download an e-book app now if you are a true book lover and take your love for reading to the next level.