Spending money mindlessly is equivalent to waving a red cloth to a mad bull. Tracking your expenses, on the other side, is like finding leakages in the bucket of your wealth. The former hits you with a crisis. The latter helps you with improving your financial health.
We, at Insiderbits, know that you may already have thought many times about budgeting but failed to keep up with it. Who likes to file every bill down and calculate everything to the penny?
But, it does not need to be that boring and inconvenient. Instead, try any of these 10 budget-tracking apps we have listed for you. With them, you just have to list your expenses, and the rest – calculations, spending charts, etc. – will be done for you.
10 Best Budget Tracking Apps For You
- Track balances, expenses, and investments in one place
- Receive actionable tips and personalized budgeting advice
- Set custom financial goals supported by timely reminders
- Apply for home loans or refinance with Rocket Mortgage integration
Mint is one of the most popular budget-tracking apps you can find. It provides you with a complete budgeting solution in a single user-friendly platform. But that is just a start. It also gives you a personalized financial analysis and smart alerts to consolidate your budgeting habits.
It also works well with investment apps like Binance and Coinbase and supports cryptocurrency integration. Thus, you can have a comprehensive view of your financial portfolio from a single platform using Mint.
2. Wallet: Budget Expense Tracker
- Achieve your financial goals with adaptable budgeting tools
- Get graphs and financial overviews for actionable insights
- Avoid missing due dates with a bill tracker
- Share selected accounts with others for cooperative budgeting
Wallet is your personal finance manager. With automatic bank synchronization from over 3,500 participating banks worldwide, Wallet eliminates the need for manual tracking. In other words, all your transactions from your synced bank accounts will be recorded automatically, saving you some time.
It helps you set financial goals and gives you insightful reports on your spending, Wallet even alerts you for overspending so you can make the right choices, save responsibly, and achieve your goals.
3. Money Manager & Expenses
- Get pictorial diagrams illustrating your spending patterns
- Use real-time exchange rates for cross-currency transactions
- Immerse into a user-friendly design for easy transaction recording
- Use custom categories with color choices for a personalized user experience
This app is another user-friendly budget-tracking tool designed to help you turn your financial management from chaotic to organized. This can be felt in its simple and clear interface which allows you to quickly add your expenses and income with a few clicks.
The app supports multiple currencies and offers you real-time exchange rates for international use. On top of that, you can categorize your transactions and get a better picture of your inflow and outflow with pictorial diagrams.
4. Money Manager Expense & Budget
- Manage your assets through a comprehensive accounting system
- Get outstanding payments with an option for automatic debit
- Ensure secure management of finances with a passcode
- Get a graphical representation of your budgets and expenses
Money Manager is a comprehensive solution for financial planning, asset management, and budget tracking as it is loaded with all the functionalities to get your finances straight.
It has a double-entry bookkeeping system that not only shows you your transactions but also reflects the same on your accounts as well. This is important to track your expenses and balance at the same time.
Its utility is further enhanced by how easily to sort your data. You can easily view your transactions in any of these formats – daily, weekly, monthly, and calendar.
5. Spending Tracker
- Set fixed budget amounts and track spending targets
- Get options to track spending daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly
- Sync data across Android devices and Dropbox for data safety
- Use interactive charts for easy visualization of spending patterns
You will find Spending Tracker as one of the most user-friendly budget-tracking apps. It provides you with an easy way to track your spending, stick to budgets, and save money. In other words, with it, you can set a budget beforehand and control your expenses to meet it.
To help you with that, it gives you a Summary View for a glance at your balances, expense, and income totals as well as detailed Reports to dive deeper into them. Spending Tracker also allows you to take a backup of your data or export them.
- View all your financial accounts on a single screen
- Monitor your net worth by analyzing your assets and liabilities
- Access your credit score and report at any time
- Receive tips to manage your finances effectively
NerdWallet offers you a holistic view of your budget, finances, and credit, all in one place. It goes beyond just being an expense tracker and becomes your personal finance management app as it shows you your cash flow, credit score, and net worth.
It gives you vetted tips to efficiently manage your finances and achieve your goals. With NerdWallet, you will also keep the fluctuations of your credit score in check, receive actionable ways to enhance it and compare credit cards and loan rates. Isn’t that awesome?
7. Budget Planner—Expense tracker
- Record incomes and expenses using speech recognition and autocomplete
- Create personalized budget templates for better financial planning
- Project a six-month forecast based on previous transactions
- Efficiently plan daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly recurring transactions
Available on: Android
Budget Planner is a useful app for budget tracking and planning by offering you an easy money management and financial forecasting tool. So, with it, you can take control of your finances by creating monthly budgets, tracking spending, and gaining insights into your spending habits.
It makes it super easy to record your income and expenses with speech recognition and autocomplete. Budget Planner also offers you an automatic draft payment function and allows you to export your financial reports in various formats.
- Automatically sync your data across Android, iPhone, and the web
- Get analytical tools to monitor and analyze cash flow
- Get an ad-free and free forever version
- Save time with smart payee and category suggestions
Formerly known as EEBA (Easy Envelope Budget Aid), Goodbudget is a popular budget-tracking app that is recommended by Forbes, The New York Times, and many other publications. It is specially designed for effective home budget planning.
What makes it different from other apps in this list is that it gives the old envelope system a new virtual form. So, you can create an envelope for each category and assign it a specific budget for a set duration. Thus, Goodbudget allows you to stay on top of bills and financial goals.
- Tackle debt strategically
- View real-time changes to your budget
- Import income and expenses to see your financial picture in one place
- Get a wealth of free finance-related resources
The app’s name itself says You Need a Budget aka YNAB. So, you know that it is here to be your budgeting app that completely changes your financial habits for the better. In fact, it is already trusted by millions of people for their daily budget tracking.
YNAB is a comprehensive finance management app that not only helps you manage your expenses but also demolishes your debt and tracks your net worth. You will also get a big-picture perspective of your finances to foster intentional spending.
- Automatically categorize and display data to get a clear overview of finances
- Set budgets and receive notifications on progress
- Learn through personal insights and tips
- See all your financial information in one place
Spendee is a widely loved budget-tracking app that is used by over 3 million people globally to track spending and optimize their budgets effortlessly. By providing you with a bird’s eye view of your financial habits, it empowers you to stick to your financial goals.
It further empowers itself and you by connecting with online banking, e-wallets, and crypto-wallets. Thus, Spendee consolidates financial information into one accessible place.
Top 10 Budget-Tracking Apps – Conclusion
Budget tracking can never do anything bad for you. It only guides you to make your financial health better. And, the apps we listed here make that journey much easier for you.
So, no matter which one you pick, what’s commendable is you starting to follow in the footsteps of becoming money-smart.