Have you ever wondered which apps to watch F1 are truly top-tier? It’s a question many fans grapple with at the start of every season.
Let’s face it, with so many options out there, picking the right one can be as challenging as predicting the next Grand Prix winner. But that’s where Insiderbits steps in.
We’ve done the laps, tested the turns, and come up with an incredible list just for you. Stay with us and dive into the ultimate F1 streaming experience. Ready to explore? Let’s go!
|There’s a free version, but it offers very little content. The app has a 7-day trial with full access to all its features, and its F1 TV PRO subscription costs $9.99 per month.
|Android and iOS.
If Formula 1 is the epitome of high-speed racing, the F1 TV app is its digital counterpart. This app takes the pole position in our list, and for good reason.
F1 TV is basically like having full access to the racetrack right in your pocket. You can customize your viewing with onboard cameras and exclusive radio chatter.
Other than live streams and on-demand content, you’ll be able to watch commentaries with highlights and race plays. There are also plenty of shows and F1 documentaries available.
Designed with the user in mind, the app offers a clean interface and is super easy to navigate, making it one of the must-have apps to watch F1.
The F1 TV app offers a 7-day free trial for new users, which you can use to watch the Grand Prix weekend live before deciding whether or not you want to subscribe to the service.
Features of the F1 TV App:
- Live Streaming: Watch races in real-time, and don’t miss a single moment.
- On-Demand Replays: Missed a race? Catch up anytime with the on-demand replay feature.
- Exclusive Content: Access to interviews and historical races is not available anywhere else.
- Multi-Camera Angles: Experience the race from multiple perspectives, including onboard cameras.
- Data Integration: Real-time stats, timings, and more – a treasure for data enthusiasts.
- Device Compatibility: With a single subscription plan, you can stream F1 TV on your phone, tablet, Smart TV, or desktop computer.
- User-friendly Interface: Easy navigation ensures that every F1 fan can make the most of the app.
Things to keep in mind:
- Connectivity Issues: Live streams can be glitchy depending on your internet speed and the app’s high demand.
- Geographical Restrictions: Availability might be limited based on regional broadcasting rights, a challenge for fans in certain areas.
- Subscription Costs: There is a 7-day free trial, but the app itself is not free. The premium experience comes with a subscription charge.
|There is no free content, but Fubo offers a 7-day trial for new users. After that period, you can choose a subscription plan starting at $74.99 a month.
|Android and iOS.
Insiderbits’ silver medal goes to one of the most popular streaming apps currently, and one of the best apps to watch F1 races in high definition: Fubo TV.
For F1 fans, FuboTV zooms ahead of many alternatives. This app isn’t just about offering a viewing experience; it’s about embracing the race day excitement.
With Fubo, you’ll get access to a wide range of sporting channels with complete F1 coverage like ESPN, Fubo Sports, beIn Sports, and many more.
And while the streams HD F1 races, Fubo TV is not just for speed enthusiasts. This versatile platform offers a plethora of other sports and entertainment channels for everyone.
However, there’s a steep price tag. While the app offers a free trial, its subscription packages start at $74.99 a month, offering over 176 channels with 100+ sporting events.
Features of the FuboTV App:
- High-Quality Streams: Experience F1 like never before, with crystal-clear streams that put you right in the middle of the action.
- No More FOMO: Missed a race? Fubo TV’s on-demand replay ensures you can catch up whenever you want.
- Multiview Feature: Love sports? Watch multiple streams at once, so you never have to choose between Formula 1 and your other favorite events.
- Customizable Alerts: Set reminders and get updates for every twist, turn, and thrilling moment of the F1 calendar.
- Extensive Coverage: FuboTV isn’t just one of the best apps to watch F1; it offers a wide range of other sports and entertainment channels too.
Things to keep in mind:
- Pricey Packages: Quality comes at a price. Some users might find Fubo TV’s premium offerings a tad too expensive.
- Geographical Limitations: F1 streaming might be subject to regional restrictions, leaving some fans in the dust.
- Bandwidth Consumption: High-definition streaming can take a toll on data, which could be a challenge for those with limited internet plans.
- Some Delays: As with many streaming platforms, expect a slight delay compared to traditional broadcasts.
|The app is free to download but offers limited content. The ESPN+ subscription costs $9.99 a month and offers full streaming access with a 7-day trial period.
|Android and iOS.
If you’re searching for a reliable household name to catch the Grand Prix live, the ESPN app is undoubtedly one of the best choices available as well.
ESPN doesn’t just offer live streaming of F1 races. From pre-race analyses and driver interviews to post-race breakdowns, it’s an incredible source for everything Formula 1.
The ESPN app offers a friendly interface and is easy to navigate. You can quickly find all the F1 content, jumping right into the action without unnecessary detours.
Beyond its F1 coverage, ESPN offers a broad range of sports events. Whether you’re a fan of basketball, soccer, or any other sport, this app has everything you need.
The app offers a comprehensive subscription package, and while some exclusive content comes with a fee, there’s also plenty of free content if you’re not looking to spend much.
Features of the ESPN App:
- Extensive F1 Coverage: Among apps to watch F1, ESPN stands out with its comprehensive live streams, pre-race analyses, driver interviews, and more.
- User-Friendly Design: The intuitive interface ensures easy navigation, allowing you to swiftly access the content you want to watch.
- Flexible Subscription Plans: ESPN offers a variety of subscription packages, catering to both occasional viewers and die-hard sports fans.
- Timely Notifications: You’re constantly updated on upcoming F1 events, race start times, and major highlights, ensuring you’re always informed.
- Broad Sports Offering: Beyond F1, ESPN covers an extensive list of other sports, providing value for all sports enthusiasts.
Things to keep in mind:
- Geographical Restrictions: Certain F1 streams might be limited based on the user’s location, which can be a drawback for international fans.
- Potential Streaming Delays: During major races or peak viewership, you might experience occasional lags or buffering issues.
- Premium Content Behind Paywall: While there is free content available, some of the more exclusive F1 coverage requires a paid subscription.
- Competing with Dedicated Platforms: Being a broad sports platform, ESPN competes with specialized apps focused on Formula 1 content.
Are there any legal apps to watch F1 for free?
The short answer is: no. F1 involves huge costs, from organizing races to broadcasting. To cover these, F1 sells broadcasting rights for big money.
When a company gets F1’s broadcasting rights, they have exclusive permission to show races. Offering F1 streams without these rights is illegal due to copyright laws.
Choosing official platforms ensures high-quality streams and supports the sport. While free options might seem tempting, they might damage your device, or even get you in trouble.
Luckily, all of the alternatives listed above in our article offer a free trial period for you to enjoy without breaking any laws. If you like what they have to offer, there are affordable subscription options to choose from.
Reaching the finish line
When it comes to the high-speed world of Formula 1, the right streaming choice can upgrade your race day experience.
Insiderbits has done the legwork, spotlighting the best apps to watch F1 and keep you in the loop with live races, interviews, behind-the-scenes looks, and much more.
And remember, while there is no such thing as a lifelong free F1 streaming service, you can still enjoy a trial period and catch all the races before deciding on a subscription.
This might be the finish line for our F1 streaming list, but at Insiderbits, the race to bring you the best never stops.
Gear up for more insights, tips, and top picks in our upcoming articles. Fasten your seatbelts and stay with us for more thrilling explorations!