Even though we are the most intellectual species among all creatures, we run our everyday lives with emotions. Emotions drive us more than you may think. For instance, don’t we all end up eating junk food despite knowing that it can cause us harm?
That is why emotional intelligence is such a crucial quality to develop. Thus, its value soars up when we see irrational behavior such as excessive smoking, anger, and carelessness which happens quite commonly around us.
Thus, if you can handle emotions well, you will surely see much success in life. So, are you also looking to develop emotional intelligence? Then try these 5 apps our team at Insiderbits has listed for you.
5 Best Apps to Boost Emotional Intelligence
1. Make Me Better
- Read 500+ concise and actionable articles on self-improvement
- Get powerful quotes delivered daily
- Get daily prompts of positive affirmations
- Access a growing library of podcasts and videos
Make Me Better does exactly what it sounds like. It provides you with daily curated content for getting motivated, uplifting your mood, and improving your personality. Its range of articles covers topics like leadership, time management, success, motivation, relationships, and psychology.
All these articles are short, practical, and easy to remember and you can read within 3 to 5 minutes. Besides that, you will also get mental wellness videos, podcasts, motivational quotes, life hacks, and positive affirmations.
- Access CBT programs for managing emotions
- Identify underlying causes of anxiety with its mood tracker
- Express thoughts with its guided journal
- Connect with Intellect-certified behavioral health coaches
Recognized as Google’s best personal growth app in 2020, Intellect is a great mental healthcare solution for those with less motivation, mental burnout, or poor productivity. Primarily, it helps you build your knowledge and skills in various personal well-being topics including emotional intelligence.
However, if you are tangled in destructive emotions like regret and nervousness, it has a Rescue Session to give you relief from it in as little as 5 minutes. Intellect also helps you to reflect, journal, feel gratitude, set goals, and sleep better.
- Access chatbot 24/7 for constant mental health support
- Get personalized cognitive therapy exercises
- Monitor emotional well-being and identify patterns
- Write journals for reflection and cognitive therapy
Sintelly is a therapist available for you 24/7 that is designed to improve your mental health and wellness using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) principles. It is primarily targeted towards those individuals fighting with anxiety and depression and helps them with higher emotional intelligence.
It is a chatbot that answers your pressing questions and guides you towards a solution. But it has evolved to be much more supportive with its mood tracker, therapeutic journal, progress management, and insightful short reads on self-care.
- Make learning playful with its intuitive challenges
- Use a framework to be stronger, happier, braver, and more resilient
- Scientifically backed with trials for improvement
- Develop social-emotional skills for success
What if we tell you that playing a game will positively impact your emotional intelligence? SuperBetter is a game created to improve your mental health, resilience, and social-emotional skills. It uses the heroic strengths you show while playing a game to confront your real-life challenges.
In other words, playing it means bringing a gameful mindset to real life. In SuperBetter, you will face challenges like getting to know yourself better, experiencing power-ups in the form of breathing exercises, and battling bad guys like your inner critic, all in a fun way.
- Access 30+ guides addressing specific toxic thinking habits
- Work with a structured program that goes 15-45 minutes daily for 63 days
- Scientifically tested to eliminate stress, anxiety, and toxic thinking
Neurocycle claims itself to be the first-ever scientifically-tested brain detox app. Its purpose is to be your companion that eliminates stress, depression, and toxic thinking. But it doesn’t just act as a bandage over your wounds. It helps you find the root causes of your problems and replace them with a healthy thought pattern.
For that, Neurocycle gives you personalized stats and recommendations on various aspects of your life. It also assists you with 35+ quick audio guides on specific problems like shame, guilt, imposter syndrome, etc., and many decompression guides for relaxed breathing and creative thinking.
Related: 5 Apps to Boost Your Mental Wellness
Emotional intelligence cannot be neglected if you want to live a successful life. It helps you achieve your goals but also assists you in maintaining the success you worked hard for. For many, it doesn’t come naturally and that’s fine. That is why these 5 apps are here. Download them now.