Smartphones have quickly become our primary device for everyday communication and tasks overtaking PCs and laptops. It is hard to find a person not have a mobile these days. That is why it has also become the most vulnerable target for hackers and thieves.
Even a little bit of carelessness on your part can lead to your most sensitive information and media getting stolen. Thus, it is important to look after your mobile’s security.
Luckily, you won’t have to do much for it as many mobile security apps take care of this matter. So, for your mobile’s utmost security, our team at Insiderbits has listed here the 5 best mobile security apps. Pick the one you find perfect for you.
5 Best Mobile Security Apps
1. Lookout Life
- Get continuous antivirus protection
- Guards your phone against Wi-Fi attacks
- Get timely alerts and guidance about data breaches
- Uses a VPN service to scan every URL link you visit
Lookout Life provides you with the most complete security for your phone. It not only protects you against viruses and malware but also helps you prevent ill activities and secure your data in case of theft. This is the reason why it is so popular.
The most notable thing we found about this app is that it is constantly on the lookout for your identity leakage on the dark web. If your identity theft does happen, it offers you a $1 million protection and helps you restore your identity.
2. Avast Antivirus & Security
- Automatically scan for viruses, spyware, Trojans, etc.
- Get alerts about compromised passwords
- Secure your photos with PIN, pattern, fingerprint, and encryption
- Block malware-infected links
Avast is a company for device protection that is trusted by millions of people all over the world. Primarily, it offers you strong security against viruses, malware, and phishing attacks. But it even expands further to protect your online presence.
Avast Mobile Security’s free version has plenty of useful features such as junk cleaner, hack check, mobile security, photo vault, web shield, and WiFi security. So, you are likely to find it enough if you want basic protection for your mobile. But for more, you can consider upgrading to its premium version.
3. Bitdefender Mobile Security
- Monitor app behavior in real-time for early threat detection
- Has a 100% detection rate against viruses, malware, etc.
- Enhance your privacy with an anonymous IP
- Block malicious, phishing, and fraudulent links
Bitdefender Mobile Security is renowned for its effectiveness against viruses, malware, and online threats. Thus, it comes as no surprise that it has been recognized as AV-Test’s “Best Android Security Product” 6 times.
But don’t mistake it for just an antivirus app. It also offers you web protection, anti-theft features, VPN, scam alerts, and much more. However, Bitdefender’s best only comes with a premium subscription which you can try for free for 14 days. Then, its plans start from $1.49 a month.
4. ESET Mobile Security Antivirus
- Lock, track, and wipe lost or stolen devices remotely
- Block scam websites and messages
- Check app permissions for enhanced security
- Check connected USB device for threats
Available on: Android
ESET Mobile Security ensures your mobile security through real-time antivirus protection, anti-theft measures, and enhanced security features. It scans your device in real-time to wipe off viruses and malicious junk as soon as they start creeping.
Is your device stolen or lost? With it, you can remotely lock and track it. In extreme cases, you can even erase your mobile data. It comes with a basic plan which is free to use. But if you ever think of more, it allows you to try its premium plan free for 30 days.
5. WOT Mobile Security Protection
- Lock specific apps with a custom password
- Get alerts about harmful or suspicious websites before visiting
- Get real-time hack alerts and monitor password leaks
- Block adult content from appearing on your device
WOT Mobile Security is trusted by over 2 million users. It provides you with security against prevalent online threats with features like anti-virus, safe browsing alerts, data breach monitoring, and identity theft protection.
It focuses on complete protection by ensuring your security online as well as within. For free, you will be able to scan your device for virus and network threats, lock your apps, encrypt your photos, and ensure the safety of websites you visit.
Don’t you feel unease when somebody asks you for your phone even if it is your trusted one? Now think of the ill-intentioned people always on the lookout for your phone and its sensitive information. This should be enough to prove the importance of mobile security. So, download any of these apps now.