Love for cars is a given for many. It symbolizes freedom, mobility, comfort, and even status. But, just like all the other things, it also requires maintenance now and then. So, if you are a car enthusiast and want to prolong your car’s life, this article is for you.
Here, our team at Insiderbits has compiled a list of the 5 best apps you should have to help you take care of your car. No matter how well-versed you are about a car’s mechanism, these 5 apps will add further value to your knowledge. Let’s get started.
5 Best Apps for Car Maintenance
- Stay informed about upcoming service needs
- See your car’s estimated value
- Explore verified ratings and reviews of auto shops
- Check expected costs for maintenance and repairs
CARFAX acts as your car care assistant who takes up the duty of tracking maintenance and repairs performed and reminding you of your upcoming service. It estimates when your car needs an oil or tire change and other general inspections based on your tracking.
On top of that, you will also get a maintenance cost estimate so that you do not end up paying for it more than needed. You can add multiple cars to it and check their value as per their history. All this and much more come for free with CARFAX.
- Get insights on fuel consumption and cost per kilometer
- Use customizable vehicle checklists for regular inspections
- Track expenses on your car including taxes, fines, and parking
- Set check-up reminders by kilometer or date
DRIVVO can be an eye-opener for car owners. It shows you how much you spend on your car, which fuel is the most efficient for your vehicle, and when you should do your next car check-up. The best part is that it also works for fleet owners looking to keep their vehicles in their best shape.
If you have some of your own set of measures to check about your car, this app also allows you to create custom checklists. On top of this, DRIVVO aids you in looking at the bigger picture with stats and charts based on your car performance and expenses.
- Access complete vehicle care information
- Create detailed vehicle diagnostic reports
- Identify and purchase the right quality parts
- Perform a complete car scan
RepairSolutions2 is a comprehensive vehicle care and repair app that serves car and truck owners as the ultimate solution for fixing vehicle problems. So, if you want a DIY fix for your car issues or are just curious about them, this is the app for you.
It has a huge automotive repair database with verified fixes from ASE Master Technicians. Even if you don’t have any tool, you can benefit from its priceless vehicle care information such as warranty status, scheduled maintenance, diagnostic reports, etc.
4. Simply Auto
- Differentiate between business and personal miles for tax deductions
- Monitor mileage, services, trips, and expenses
- Get warning signs with your car stats and graphs
- Automatically track mileage with GPS or Bluetooth
Simply Auto is a versatile vehicle management app that can come in handy to car enthusiasts, small fleet owners, families, rideshare drivers, and electric car owners. It may seem like a simple logbook to track data for multiple vehicles and drivers. But it has much more to offer.
This app also acts as a mileage tracker that automatically logs your vehicle usage from your GPS or Bluetooth. Thus, Simply Auto saves you money in the long term by helping you keep your vehicles in good condition and giving you warning signals with the statistics it creates.
5. My Car
- Monitor gas consumption and calculate mileage and costs
- Store documents for recording all your car-related activities
- Track expenses on fuel, auto service, repair, etc.
- Get detailed statistics and charts
My Car is another great option you can try if you want help tracking the details of your vehicle such as fuel consumption, fill-ups, mileage, and expenses. As you start entering the details regularly, you will see accurate insights into every aspect of your car’s performance.
But, we see that My Car goes a bit deeper in record-keeping as it also allows you to attach receipts/documents to events, get location history, and create a vehicle album. However, don’t go by its name. It works equally with trucks, motorcycles, buses, and electric vehicles.
Related: 5 Best Apps to Learn How to Fix Cars
Everything deteriorates with time, even the most expensive cars. But the better you care for your car, the more you can drive with it. So, if you think it is worth having a car, it is also worth maintaining it. And these 5 apps make you a pro at it. Download any of them now.