Have you ever gone out in clear weather only to come back fully showered in the rain because you didn’t take an umbrella? If you can recall how often the weather surprises us, you would definitely feel grateful for weather forecasting.
But not all times can you access this information from a TV. Instead, you need a weather forecast app that notifies you about the mood of the weather anywhere you go. So, here are 5 such apps we, at Insiderbits, have compiled for you.
5 Best Weather Forecast Apps
- Real-time weather information
- Advanced warnings and forecasts of snowfall probabilities
- Up-to-the-minute views of storm tracking
- Data on how the temperature will change throughout the day
AccuWeather is one of the most popular and reliable weather forecast apps you can find. To make you as updated as possible, it gives you minute-by-minute precipitation updates with MinuteCast and other local weather information you may find handy.
It warns you of upcoming snowfall, rain, and even storms so you can stay prepared for them. And when the storm does strike your region, it helps you track its exact location from the ease of your home.
But, what we found to be the most intriguing thing about this app is that more than just weather information, it also gives you a gist of what it will feel like, with its RealFeel technology.
2. The Weather Channel
- 24-Hour Future Radar to plan your day effectively
- Rain radar and storm tracker for real-time updates on weather patterns
- Air quality index monitoring
- Hurricane tracker with live storm alerts
The Weather Channel is renowned as the “world’s most accurate forecaster” by ForecastWatch. So, you can rest assured of its reliability on weather alerts and information.
But, more than that, it equips you with live hurricane maps, local rain radar, and up-to-date forecasts with storm and hurricane tracking features. Thus, you can stay ahead of almost every “act of God” with The Weather Channel by knowing of their arrival.
3. 1Weather Forecasts & Radar
- 24×7 local and national weather information
- Sun and moon tracker
- AQI information to check air quality
- Radar maps for tracking hazardous weather conditions
OneWeather is trusted by millions of people across the world as it offers hyperlocal weather forecasts and 24*7 access to local and national weather information – down to the minute or for something far off in time.
It alerts you as per the information from NWS (National Weather Service) and WDT based on your location.
For faster access, OneWeather also has personalized widgets that provide essential weather details such as temperature, wind speed, wind direction, precipitation, cloud coverage, humidity, UV index, visibility, dew point, and atmospheric pressure.
4. Weather by WeatherBug
- Get hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
- Explore 20 weather maps including future radar, air quality, lightning, etc.
- Weather widgets to set alerts
- Prepare for weather abroad with forecasts for over 2.6 million locations
WeatherBug, the go-to weather app for pet owners, helps you find the perfect time to take your pet out for a walk so that it is not ruined by the weather. With it, you can get hourly and 10-day weather forecasts for free.
Those forecasts are also complemented by as many as 20 maps for Doppler radar, air quality, lightning, precipitation, wind chill, and more.
With a vast professional weather network, WeatherBug’s purpose is to keep you well-informed about your local weather conditions and ensure that your pet’s outdoor adventures are safe and enjoyable.
- Get 51 weather maps to see various parameters such as wind, rain, etc.
- Access global as well as local forecasting models
- Tailor your experience by adding your favorite maps to the quick menu
You know that the app used by professionals and enthusiasts such as pilots, paragliders, skydivers, surfers, fishermen, and rescue teams has to be reliable. Windy boasts to be one of those weather forecast apps.
What makes it different from others is its emphasis on visuals rather than just old boring information. Windy gives you weather information of any location and thus, helps you with planning your outdoor activities.
Related: Learn self-defense With 5 Apps
Weather may be powerful but you can still be better prepared to face or, even better, avoid its wrath. So, download any of these 5 reliable weather forecast apps and let no snow, rain, or storm ruin your day.