Distance is quickly turning into a myth as the whole world has come to our fingertips. That is why remote working has become more prevalent these days. So, if are hesitant about hiring talent from worldwide due to communication issues, this article is for you.
Here, we at Insiderbits will talk about the 5 best video conferencing apps that are created to diminish boundaries between people to collaborate regardless of location.
Thus, it won’t come as a surprise that many companies are already using them successfully to adapt to the change in how we work. Please have a look at them to find the one best suited for you.
5 Best Video Conferencing Apps for Remote Work
1. Google Meet
- Call someone spontaneously or schedule time together
- Get a high-quality video with up to 4k resolution
- Use live sharing to do stuff together
- Use effects, change backgrounds, and give reactions for added fun
Google Meet isn’t created specially with remote work in mind but it can help. The reason why it is on this list is that is a very popular video-calling app that can assist you in collaborating with people worldwide for free. It is ideal if you need only basic features for conducting meetings.
It allows you for one-on-one video calls of up to 24 hours and meetings of 100 attendees at a maximum of up to 60 minutes. For better resource-sharing, Google Meet is integrated with other of its workspace apps such as Gmail, Docs, Slides, and Calendar.
- Move calls or meetings between devices without interruption
- Chat, call, and send SMS to contacts
- Get a virtual whiteboard for brainstorming
- Schedule and join video meetings with a single click
Ever since the Corona outbreak, Zoom has become synonymous with remote work and video conferencing. It is the most popular and comprehensive freemium tool for collaboration you can have as it takes care of everything from simple chats to full-scale meetings and webinars.
You can conduct meetings of a maximum of 40 minutes with 100 attendees for free. In it, you will be assisted with a basic whiteboard, clips, notes, and team chat. Its paid plans give you more flexibility with a meeting time of up to 30 hours and 300 members.
3. Microsoft Teams
- Set up meetings within seconds
- Invite participants with links or calendar invites
- Maximize meeting efficiency using screen share and whiteboard
- Use GIFs, emojis, and message animations to express yourself
Microsoft Teams is a collaboration app created to bring people together for all kinds of projects. It connects you securely with teammates, family, and friends and organizes chats based on topics and projects.
It is primarily targeted for conducting business meetings. That is why you will find here all the tools you need to make remote work possible. All quick meetings, 1-1 chats, and group discussions are secured with enterprise-level security. So you can even have sensitive meetings with peace of mind.
4. Webex Meetings
- Customize video layouts for a personalized experience
- Share screens, polls, annotations, and more during meetings
- Translate meetings into 100+ languages
- Record meetings for later reference
Webex Meetings is another go-to solution for those looking to have a meeting experience as real as the one in a conference room. That is why it boasts conducting over 25 billion monthly meetings of every scale possible.
It has all the standard features for meetings that every other video conferencing platform has like video layout customization, polls, annotations, and sharing screens.
But it goes beyond them to provide an even better experience with background noise cancellation and instant translation of meetings into over 100 languages.
- Organize meetings with up to 1,000 attendees
- Blur background for enhanced privacy
- Verify people’s attendance with the Hair Check Screen
- Experience HD video and Dolby Voice audio
BlueJeans gives you a premium video conferencing experience for optimizing hybrid and remote work. It integrates with a calendar to schedule and join a meeting in just a single tap. Upon joining, you will have various interactive tools that are designed to make meetings more fun.
It focuses on conducting meetings with utmost efficiency so that everyone can have a consistently good experience. Thus, by optimizing network settings, BlueJeans’ intelligent bandwidth management eliminates dead spots.
It is hard to deny the importance of video conferencing platforms if you run a team. They make it possible to work with clients and hire talents you would never meet personally. And we are sure that these 5 apps can serve that purpose very well.
So try them for free now to instantly join the world that knows no boundaries.