The worst thing about danger is that it comes without knocking. But one thing is sure we all feel the inconvenience it gives. So, the best thing you can do to minimize adversity is to be prepared for them beforehand.
Thankfully, many personal safety apps help you immensely during such crunch times of our lives. So, for a better safety of your, we, at Insiderbits, have come up with the 5 best personal safety apps to have on your phone.
Let’s have a look at each of them to see how they can be a savior for you.
- Share your real-time location
- Place alerts for your kid’s activities
- Gives you medical and roadside assistance
- Detects crash to notify your relatives quickly
Life360 is a complete safety solution used by millions of people across the world for real-time location sharing, quickly connecting with your near ones in times of danger, and ensuring the safety of your precious belongings.
Even though it serves family protection, one of its most important use cases would be tracking your kid’s safety. You can easily know their whereabouts by placing alerts when they leave school or arrive home.
However, Life360 has much more items in its bag such as 24/7 roadside assistance and theft ID protection. Thus, its popularity is backed up by great services.
- Receive location-based safety alerts
- Watch live videos of incidents unfolding
- See the real-time safety status of friends and loved ones
- Contribute to community safety by reporting incidents as they happen
Citizen is a powerful personal safety app that not only helps you while facing danger but also alerts you to prevent it in the first place.
So, with it, you will receive safety alerts and live videos of dangerous events happening such as accidents, natural disasters, etc., and prevent yourself or a dear one from going near those places.
Thus so far, Citizen has already made a notable impact by sending alerts in building evacuations, deterring school buses from potential dangers, and even helping to rescue a child from a stolen car.
- Activate the SOS alarm through touch or voice
- Track your kid’s location
- Generate a fake call to discreetly exit unpleasant situations
- Monitor the user’s journey and receive confirmation upon safely reaching
bSafe is a result of a real-life incident. It is developed by a daughter and father after a traumatic sexual assault to prevent such ill-incidents from happening again.
And, this initiative is spreading like wildfire as it is currently used by millions of people across 125 countries. Featured by top media houses and praised by celebrities like Jada Pinkett Smith, bSafe was surely going to make it to our list.
So, if you are a woman, it is a must-have on your phone to fight against and document crimes such as violence, sexual assault, and rape.
- Allow selected contacts to track your journeys
- Trigger safety checks when arriving or leaving a specific location
- Activate SOS mode to immediately alert contacts and 911
- Access information on the nearest police stations and hospitals
With a coverage of over 200 countries, you can say that UrSafe increases your safety no matter where you are in the world. UrSafe is a hands-free personal safety app to stay safe globally. That means you can even activate it with your voice if you can’t reach your phone with your hands.
What we liked about the UrSafe app is that it lets you set different personalized messages that you can trigger and send depending upon the severity of the situation – just a minor discomfort or something life-threatening.
5. Silent Beacon
- Set a passcode to prevent unwanted alert deactivation
- Send distress text messages and emails with GPS location
- Track the user’s location in real-time
- Keep your loved ones informed of your whereabouts
Silent Beacon is a relatively new but handy personal safety app that lets you keep your peace of mind by empowering you in emergencies. How? By letting you send alerts to your loved ones and the security personnel at the police station.
Along with the alert about your situation, it will also send your real-time GPS location. Its security features to tackle any moment of distress and customizability make it a life-saving app you can consider having on your phone.
Related: Learn Self-Defense With 5 Apps
5 Best Personal Safety Apps – Conclusion
You probably live in a safe neighborhood and are not likely to encounter any mishappenings. And, we wish the same for you. But it is hard to rule out the tragedies happening every day. So, it is better to have a personal safety app handy even if you think you may not need it.
If you don’t have to, good. If you have to, at least you will get quick assistance from your near ones.