Everyone loves listening to stories. It is the age-old way to get entertainment and pass on the message. That is why stories are the basis of pretty much every type of content we see – movies, TV shows, news, etc.
So, how can your kid’s curious mind not want them more and more? But don’t you worry as now you have them in full supply at any time. To help you with telling stories that your kids will love and teaching them valuable lessons, our team at Insiderbits has listed here 5 apps that replace storybooks forever. Try them now.
5 Best Story Apps For Kids
- Get access to 40000+ books and learning videos
- Read-to-me books to let kids read on their own
- Download books for offline reading
- Collection of books in English, Spanish, French, and Chinese
Epic is the world’s largest digital library for kids. It brings them to a new world of learning with over 40000 books, audiobooks, learning videos, and more. It is accessible anytime and anywhere while ensuring that your kid has a safe environment for nurturing.
Epic Family plan allows you to create up to 4 child profiles to give you individualized learning progress for each of them. You can try it for free for 7 days. It also has another plan called Epic School which is free for educators and students to use during the school day.
2. Fairy Tales
- Engage children with mini-games
- Download books for offline reading
- Get educational content such as short stories
- Protection from unintentional purchases
Available on: Android
Fairy Tales is just the app your child needs every night before going to sleep. It is a kid reading app that has both, interactive mini-games and classic fairy tales to create an engaging as well as entertaining reading environment. Some of its stories include Cinderella, Aesop’s Fables, and Ugly Duckling.
This app rewards you for using it daily by giving you a bonus containing interactive books and stories for free. It works with two modes – Read to Me and Read it Myself. Thus, You can use it as a storybook to read for your kids and foster love. Or, no problem even if you are busy with something.
3. Little Stories
- Make your kid the main character of a story
- Soothing melodies and calming music with each story
- Get 60+ fairy tales with more to come
- Get 2500+ pictures and chapter books
Little Stories gives you bedtime fairy tales for children where your kid leads the story. Just enter his name and gender and you will get personalized storybooks with audio that is accompanied by soothing melodies and wonderful pictures.
Thus, this app is going to engage your kid like no one else. You can save and play voiceover moral stories yourself or ask the app to read the stories to your kids. The Little Stories app aims to positively impact the development of your kid and reinforce good values.
4. Bedtime Stories for Kids Sleep
- Audiobooks and fairy tales voiced by professionals
- Collection of stories teaching important life lessons
- Optimized duration for each story
- Completely ad-free and kids safe
Bedtime Audio Stories is an app that contains audiobooks and moral fairy tales for children. Designed by child psychologists and sleep consultants, this app’s purpose is to help your kid reduce anxiety and sleep soundly. Thus, it is perfect for a bedtime story reading.
Just start the audio fairy tales as your child urges you to tell a story before bed and its female speaker’s fascinating voice will do the rest. The story will be complemented with a relaxing background lullaby music to make your kid slumber into a deep sleep.
- Get videos for breathing exercises and guided meditation
- Receive reading and developmental reports of your kid
- Content reviewed by child psychologists
- English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese language options
Kidly offers you a collection of storybooks with illustrations and audio for your kids. Its educational stories are designed especially for preschoolers which contributes to their development and boosts their imagination with tales and characters.
The audio stories will come with language options like English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese. This app also provides mindfulness and meditation books as opposed to just fairy tales. On top of that, you will get videos for breathing exercises, guided meditation, and physical relaxation. Isn’t that great for a kid?
Your kids will surely urge you to tell them stories. So, it is better to be prepared for that beforehand rather than upsetting them with a no. And, what could be more precious than having a loving moment with your kid while reading stories and also fostering their development?