In the world of visual entertainment, the relevancy of radio still hasn’t decreased. What’s changed is only the mode of listening to the radio. Earlier there were dedicated devices for it. Nowadays, you can listen to any radio in the world using just your smartphone.
Just download the app we, at Insiderbits, are going to review today and you will have access to radio shows across the world. Here is all you need to know about it.
Radio Garden: App Overview
Radio Garden is a completely free service to access thousands of radio stations worldwide. So, if you are also into listening to the radio, you will love this app.
It is easy to use and doesn’t even require a login. The only thing you need to do is pinpoint the radio stations among many shown on the globe. Radio Garden also has features that make using it a convenient experience for users.
For example, you can save your favorite radio stations so you can easily find them the next time.
Since Radio Garden is free, it does show you ads to monetize itself. But you can remove them by paying a one-time fee of $2.99.
Radio Garden: Pros and Cons
- Radio Garden allows you to listen to thousands of live radio stations worldwide by rotating the globe.
- It is a free service that works on web browsers and mobile devices.
- It has a favorites menu to save radio stations that you like.
- It is a must-have for travelers, students, and music lovers who want to explore different world genres and cultures.
- It connects users to the rest of the world and offers a window into the diversity of radio broadcasting.
- It has a random station button that can surprise you with new discoveries1.
- It has a country/language guesser that can help you learn more about the places and languages you hear.
- Radio Garden does not have a search function, so you need to have some geographical knowledge to find the stations you want.
- It only shows the stations that are available online and for free, so some local or regional stations may not be included.
- Radio Garden may have some performance issues, such as slow loading, signal interruption, or AirPlay compatibility problems.
- It has limited content in its other tabs, such as history, jingles, and stories, which are supposed to provide more information and interaction about the radio stations.
How to Download this App and Listen to Any Radio in the World
Step 1: Click on any of the below links and download the Radio Garden app.
Step 2: Open the app and allow it to access your device’s location.
Step 3: Press Play to go to the main screen. Move the globe to surf through the available radio stations. A green dot represents a radio station.
Step 4: Tap on any of them to start listening
Step 5: (Optional) If you like your chosen radio station, tap on it and press the heart to save it for the future. You can access it on the “Favorites” tab at the bottom.
Step 6: (Optional) Click on the arrow at the top right to go to the radio stations near your location.
Radio Garden is more than just an app, it is a gateway to the world of radio. It lets you listen to live radio stations from different countries and continents, and discover new music, languages, and cultures. It is a great app for those who love radio and want to expand their horizons.
Radio Garden is also very light and easy to use, as it only requires a small amount of storage space (less than 8 MB) and a simple swipe of the globe. It can be a perfect substitute for the conventional FM radio that comes with most phones, as it offers more variety, quality, and fun.
If you are looking for an app that can enrich your radio listening experience, Radio Garden is the one for you.