Blockchain and cryptocurrency have taken everyone by storm. So much so that they both have changed the era of the web we use. Their potential is limitless but still many find it hard to get on with them probably because of the complexity.
Now, that is not an excuse anymore as there has come up a platform named Core that lets you explore the decentralized world with ease. Allow us, at Insiderbits, the pleasure of walking you through everything it has got for you.
Core: Overview and Functions
Web3 is on a steep rise among the tech enthusiasts. But it needs to be simplified if it wants to replicate the same results among the common people. Ava Labs has realized that and released Core to make it easy for new or experienced users to access Web3.
So, what’s Core? Core is a cryptocurrency wallet built to boost the adoption of Web3 by giving you an open, simple, and secure environment to manage your crypto portfolio.
As a part of the Avalanche (AVAX) blockchain, with Core you can buy, send, swap, and store your cryptos and NFTs in a single place. However, it isn’t limited to that. It also keeps you updated on all the projects built within the Avalance ecosystem and general DeFi data.
- Cross-chain access – Core allows you to bridge to Bitcoin and Ethereum networks so that you can move your assets between different blockchains as and when required. What’s even better is that it does so with speed and efficiency to reduce transaction times and lower costs.
- Web3 gateway – It provides educational resources and guides to help newcomers in navigating the world of Web3. Thus, you will be introduced here to a lot of decentralized applications (dApps), games, and other Web3 services.
- Multi-chain wallet – Core unites the otherwise fragmented Web3 by supporting various Web3 services. As of today, it supports major wallets like MetaMask, Coinbase, WalletConnect, Ledger, and over 300 other Web-compatible wallets.
- Manage portfolio – Core has built-in portfolio tracking and analytics features that help you keep an eye on the value and performance of your assets across multiple chains. More important than that, it shows real-time market data so you can identify and grab potentially rewarding opportunities.
Core: Pros and Cons
- Better security – Core has security as one of its core values. Thus, you will find here features like secure private key storage and transaction verification. Its seed abstraction not only simplifies the experience but also strongly encrypts and secures hardware.
- Faster – Core aims to be fast. It has outdone its competitor MetaMask by a factor of 10 in terms of speed. Get an idea from that on the quality its users get.
- Still a bit complex – It may have made using Web3 more simplified than what it was before. But we still believe that it is not a “walk in a park” software that a crypto novice can easily use. He may have to scratch his head a bit before getting used to it.
How to Use Core
Core is available on the web, Android, and iOS. Click on any of the following links to access it:
Connect any of the wallets it supports – Core, Core Mobile, MetaMask, Coinbase, etc. and you are set to manage your portfolio or buy/sell cryptos and NFTs.
1. What is Web3?
When the web was initially launched, only a few people published content on it. That was Web 1.0. As the internet became more common, it allowed everyone to participate and put forward their views. Thus, user-generated content became prevalent. That’s Web 2.0.
Now is the time when Web 3.0 is quickly taking the baton forward. It includes decentralization, blockchain technologies, and token-based economics.
2. What is Avalanche Blockchain?
Avalanche is a decentralized, open-source, and proof-of-stake blockchain created by Ava Labs to help you build decentralized apps the way you like.
Cryptocurrency is still taken with a hint of doubt by many. One of the prime reasons for that is its complexity. But Core has understood the need of the hour and taken the much-needed step to simplify Web3. Try it now if crypto excites you even a tiny bit.