Are you looking for a free piano course? Playing the piano is not only used to give free rein to our artistic vein. It also stimulates our brain in many ways. It has been proven that many brain areas go into overdrive when an instrument is played. Something that plays in our favor in many ways.
For example, among the benefits of playing the piano is that it helps to improve our coordination. This is because both hands must simultaneously carry out different movements.
Likewise, this activity improves our hearing, as well as the ability to interpret texts. That’s why Insiderbits brings you this article to show you an app that will allow you to access a free piano course.
Steps to use the application to access a free piano course
The app in question is Piano Academy – Learn Piano and is available on Google Play. It has more than 65 thousand reviews and an overall rating of 4.3. It has also been downloaded more than 10 million times.
According to the app’s description on Google Play, no prior knowledge is required. It is enough to have a keyboard at hand. At Insiderbits, we will show you the step by step to download it and make the most of it:
- Search the name of the app in Google Play and click the “Install” option.
- Once downloaded, press the “Open” option and click on the “Let’s start” box. Immediately the app will ask you if you have experience with the piano. Then it will ask you whether you use a real keyboard or piano. Then you must give the necessary permissions.
- The application will start showing you videos through which you can learn the basics of playing the piano. Pay close attention to each one to develop all your skills.
- This tool gives you the option to do practice exercises. So you can strengthen what you learn with the videos.
It is essential to keep in mind that the difficulty level will increase as you progress with your lessons. And ready. It is that easy to access a free piano course through said app.
Pros and Cons of Piano Academy – Learn Piano
A judicious reading of the reviews of this tool on Google Play allows us to determine several of its pros and cons. Among the advantages that we can highlight from Insiderbits are the following:
- It allows you to progressively learn the notes according to the English system until you can identify them in the score.
- It helps create notions about rhythm, solfeggio, and entertaining reading the stave. The knowledge that many times people prefer to ignore.
- This tool can be used with acoustic and digital pianos.
- It is a relatively light app (50 MB), so it doesn’t take up too much space on our smartphone.
- However, the application also has several complaints, especially after its latest updates. Next, at Insiderbits, we will list some of them:
- The on-screen keyboard is too small for two-handed play, while the score is too large.
- Sometimes, recording the notes does not detect them well. Other times it does not process the sound of the messages or register them when pressed on the screen.
- You need to purchase the Premium version to exploit all its features.
With this information, you can already get a small idea of whether this application suits you. Although, of course, you should try it to see its positive and negative aspects for yourself.
A free piano course on your mobile
At the beginning of this article, we pointed out some benefits of learning to play the piano. To these are added others, such as improving language and math skills. Some studies show that learning to play an instrument not only facilitates the learning of other languages. It also helps you become more adept with numbers since music theory is based on arithmetic.
At Insiderbits, we hope that with this post, you will be encouraged to take a free piano course through the Piano Academy app. It only remains for us to invite you to visit our page so that you can find out information related to this topic.